[Archive] N!TR0's Live Action Roleplay Blog

nitroglysarine:

I decided to pop some stuff on here as I thought some of it seems to be CD inspired, but I hadn’t noticed until its was painted up!

A hint of CD i’d say :~

Borador:

Looks good!

Back in the day when i was still into LARPing, my garb wasnt that chaosy though, didnt fit in with my characters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (now I just got to put the ol’ chain ‘n’ plate armour, oh and the weaponry and stuff, for sale someday, but I amto lazy)

I find it very impressive to say the least that you got such a professional look to this, wouldn’t say that you made it yourself!

nitroglysarine:

Cheers, I think the paint work still needs some polishing off and it still needs a touch of shading work, and the varnish over the top (that’ll make the silver/copper come up better)

cornixt:

I’ve not done LARPing for years, what did you use as the base for it?

I’m assuming that isn’t your castle in the pictures!

nitroglysarine:

Base for it?

The design is based on a roman design from a tower shield modified for a fantasy environment (de-romaned a bit)

It is made from high impact foam, so you can wallop yourself over the head with it, it won’t break and neither will you, not core inside of it (to heavy)

Gortock:

Is there any warhammer larps around? and if so does any one know of any in New England?

Also dude that shield looks awesome!!

nitroglysarine:

I’ve heard of one in the uk, new England is a bit to far :wink: