[Archive] need help for a BB team

guybrush:

Hi all,

I’m coming back into the hobby after few years (I quit around 2001-2002). Now I’m trying to build a blood bowl team, and I think I will follow Xander’s incredible tutorial on CDs.

But regarding hobgoblin’s concern, I’m wondering: does anyone try to do hobgoblin on basis of a skaven, combined with head of a gob ?

taking a look at the recent sprues, it seems that now, bodies are in one part, but some skavens have decent dresses to represent hobgoblins, if we cut their tails…

Around Mordheim’s era, bodies where in 2 parts, so maybe a lower part of a skaven + an upper part of a night gobbo could also fit…

So, is there anyone who as all these spare parts to make a mock up, and maybe to compare with a true hobgoblin, to see if scale is ok ?

BeeZharr:

I use stormvermin bodies and ordinary goblin heads and arms. I snip the tails off, and file the skaven symbols off as much as I can be bothered with. A bit of green stuff is needed to affix the heads and the arms, but otherwise a very simple conversion.

I’m not the only one to use this method (and I certainly wasn’t the first). Others use gnoblar heads, which, if I’m honest, I prefer to the way I do it but it means sourcing a load of gnoblar heads separate to your source of arms i.e means buying three unit boxes, instead of two.

Search around some of the army blogs to see what people do, there’s some great ideas.

EDIT - the stormvermin bodies are two parts, front and back, not top and bottom…

Zanko:

But regarding hobgoblin's concern, I'm wondering: does anyone try to do hobgoblin on basis of a skaven, combined with head of a gob ?

taking a look at the recent  sprues, it seems that now, bodies are in one part, but some skavens have decent dresses to represent hobgoblins, if we cut their tails...

So, is there anyone who as all these spare parts to make a mock up, and maybe to compare with a true hobgoblin, to see if scale is ok ?

guybrush
There are some guys here at CDO who uses the Skaven bodies as Hobbos - just check the different army blogs and then you will find some of them!

:hashut

guybrush:

ok thanks for these quick answers!

So it seems that’s not a bad idea…As I have some skaven sprues from the time where bodies were split upper and lower parts, and heads were also separated from bodies (one sprue is coming from mordheim, the others are coming from previous clanrats boxset), it could be a good start point.

And I need 16 hobgobelins maximum (even if I don’t expect a full hobgob team, that’s just for some flexibility), so I just have to find heads from a goblin regiment sprue, or heads+ body upper parts of previous night goblin sprue, if I want some hoods… I will take a look on ebay for this.

if someone can post a pict (or a link) for such a conversion of hobgoblin with a true hobgoblin, just to check the scale, it would be useful ! thanks!

Da Crusha:

Ive converted a few BB teams and I would recommend not making 16 hobgoblins. with my first team (orcs) I saw the 16 max on linemen and immediately converted 7. after writing up a few lists I realized that I have never used more than 2 lineman. since 16 is the maximum number of players that you can have on a team, I find it more efficient to work on the indispensable players first, ussually 2-4 blitzers, 2-4 catchers and a thrower or 2. I know cds in bloodbowl don’t have positions like this but I have found the key players to be the cds and bcs. personally I would convert the minis to represent certain positions that I plan on them representing as the team progresses. so if you plan on having a HG with pass skill, I would make him look like he is throwing the ball. or if you’re gonna have a dirty player then why not convert a hg that looks like he is kicking someone, or has a hidden weapon     :idea(sneaky git!).

AGPO:

There are some pics of my bloodbowl hobbos on page two of my blog here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4136&page=2

Plaguemonks also make great hobgoblins with 7th ed night gobbo heads, as do empire flagellents.