[Archive] need help with a 2250 list

giglfoosm:

Hi everyone, I’m new here and currently own a dwarf army that I’m working on converting into chaos dwarfs. I’ve played a bunch of proxy games with my brother who plays orcs and goblins and every list I use against him fails epicly.

I don’t know quite exactly the points I was using last time a played him but my list looked something like this.

heroes

lvl4 high preist with arcane apparatus and daemon shreiker sword

overlord bsb with the 5+ward save banner

daemonsmith with daemon bane on a daemoneater chariot

core

20 warriors with spers chields and command

20 warriors with spears sheilds and command

18 blunderbusses

special

2 hobo bolt throwers

death rocket

20 obsidian guard with shields and the unseen lurker banner

12 sneaky gits

rare

earthshaker

earthshaker

what happend was my shooting and magic killed a crap load of orcs and goblins on the first turn, but then on his first turn he destroyed me with doom divers and crushed my priest to a pulp with mork wants ya. Then after that my daemonaeter and daemonsmith got fanaticed to hell and died and the rest of my army fell apart.

he takes alot of savage orcs and goblin blocks to release fanatics, does anyone have suggestions?

Da Crusha:

Hi welcome to cdo! first things first, I have to point out that I believe it is illegal to have a deamonsmith carry deamonbane because then the character would have 2 bound spells and that is specifically forbidden in the BRB.

I would send a bunch of rabble to run in front of the night goblins and savage orcs as quickly as possible with “if theres a whip theres a way”. try to position them so that the fanatics will be released and the savage orcs will have to charge the rabble because of frenzy. hopefully the savage orcs will run into the fanatics. accept the charge with the rabble and you can count on the savage orcs overrunning/pursuing because of frenzy. if you position the rabble correctly the savage orcs will run right into another fanatic.

good luck.

giglfoosm:

Hi welcome to cdo! first things first, I have to point out that I believe it is illegal to have a deamonsmith carry deamonbane because then the character would have 2 bound spells and that is specifically forbidden in the BRB.

I would send a bunch of rabble to run in front of the night goblins and savage orcs as quickly as possible with "if theres a whip theres a way". try to position them so that the fanatics will be released and the savage orcs will have to charge the rabble because of frenzy. hopefully the savage orcs will run into the fanatics. accept the charge with the rabble and you can count on the savage orcs overrunning/pursuing because of frenzy. if you position the rabble correctly the savage orcs will run right into another fanatic.

good luck.

Da Crusha
ok thanks alot for your advise I will make a list like that and play him and post the reults.:) these chaos dwarf smilies are sick!

Time of Madness:

Pretty decent list for the most part.

I’m not a fan of the chaos dwarf warriors with spears. I think you are better off leaving them with hand weapons and saving the points.

I’m assuming the priest and the bsb are both going in the obsidian guard unit? If that’s the case maybe drop the unit down to 18 to save a few points.

I think the black gem would be a better item to take on your priest rather then the sword. This saves you some points and also gives the priest some protection.

So I think I have saved you about 70pts give or take a few. Might be worth bulking up the sneaky gits to 14 or 18. Or alternatively you could add some rabble.

Time of Madness

phierlihy:

I also notice you don’t have any throw away units. Take those points Time of Madness just saved you and buy some cheap Hobgoblins to soak up some Fanatics. Rabble is always good but Hobgobs on puppies are better!

giglfoosm:

eroes

lvl 4 preist- arcane apparatus- 325

overlord bsb- banner of zharr nagrund- 155

great horn bull- hammer of hashut and chaos armour and shield- 147

daemonsmith- 110

core

20 warriors with shields and command-205

20 warriors with shields and command-205

18 blunderbusses-216

28 rabble- 66

28 rabble- 66

special

18 obsidian guard with shields command-282

2 spear chukkas-70

death rocket-90

5 bulls centuars chaos armour and great wepeons- 160

rare

earthshaker-110

earthshaker-110

ok so I didn’t play him yet, but I’m droping the points of the game down becuase I literally don’t have enough units to proxy. the plan here is to trigger the fanatics like you guys said with the rabble and but my bsb and preist in with the obsidaian guard. the great horn bull onbviously goes in with the other bulls to cover the flank against boar boyz while my warmachines soften them up until they reach my line of dwarfs. what do you think?