[Archive] [Nemesis Crown] Chaos Dwarf and Orc and Goblin Alliance acknowledged by GW

Arashi:

Aaaah, a mention! I got a tear in the eye.

So far, I have 3 victories (but only playing at home, and with 500p, unpainted…)

Lepreh Khan:

You know, I wish that we hadn’t allied with the Orcs. They’re doing TERRIBLE! We’re getting a lot of the wins for them. :slight_smile:

I bet we would have gotten a better mention if we had done Hordes of Chaos, they are doing slightly better than the Orcs. Not to mention that Rykarth has already earned respect/fear amongst the Hordes and Grimgor is too bloodthirsty to bargain with. Plus, once I steal the crown from him I’d rather not have all the Orcs coming for my fortress… :wink:

-Lepreh Khan

Master Vampire:

could be a combined account, hey you guys should have done that, all of you as one account, it would easly be number 1 every week
Hey it's not all of us. Only one of us is sickening the results.

Grimstonefire:

I’ll admit I really wasn’t expecting the Orcs to do so badly.��They’re taking an absolute beating by the scoring system (lots of new players taking on a tricky army to master).

However, at least we showed GW that we are not just Dwarfs of Chaos :).��We still got mentionned, and hopefully this is only the start.

I’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make sure they don’t ignore us.��With the HoH narrative as well, I can safely say that I won’t feel we didn’t try hard.��Afterall, we have 3 years to dwell on it until the next campaign :wink:

The Flying Beaver:

Forget the results, they’re second compared to us being recognized. As it is now, we look good, but all the faults of our faction are blamed on the orcs. :slight_smile:

Xander:

Forget the results, they're second compared to us being recognized. As it is now, we look good, but all the faults of our faction are blamed on the orcs. :)

The Flying Beaver
You make a good point. It looks like we are coming to the rescue of the fledgling Orcs. ;)

Nazhur:

This is wonderful. Exacly what we wanted. Lets just hope we get more mentions. I also think its good to ally with orcs, that shows that we are not random short chaos warrior but instead a whole diffrent and own army. Lets keep it up. Sadly I have so far not got in the campaign but I�m hoping to get some help from support to fix it.

The Slaver:

Well, from the chaos side, we aint doing much better! Im signed up under hordes, and last time i checked, im only one slot up form the O&G! errr… WHY DO THE GOOD GUYS ALWAYS HAVE TO WIN! Well, whatever, at least we are getting recognized. Guess you can’t ask for much more. My record stands at A victory at 500pts, a massacre at 1500pts (that was a fun game!), and a defeat at 2000pts. Ive been useing models from my dwarf army as proxy standins, but now i finally have all the bitz i need to put togehter my 500 pt list, if only i can find the time!

Grimstonefire:

The second mention:

From the Middle Mountains has been heard a fearful roaring. The sound, it is said, is that of Grimgor Ironhide raging against a cruel fate that condemns him to be mocked by his foes. None will face the Ironhide --� not for fear of him, but because they dismiss him as the least amongst so many dire threats. To Grimgor, there is no greater an insult than to be ignored by an enemy. Word has reached the generals of many other armies that Grimgor has descended from his lair in the mountains, and now marches at the head of a mighty column. As he marches, Grimgor is said to bellow orders to any and all Greenskins swept up in his path. To the spies of the other races these orders make little sense � burn everything, he yells to one messenger, build idols to Mork, he shouts at another. Tell those evil big-hat-stunty-gitz to bring more burny stuff, he orders yet another unfortunate underling. Get me the Vile Fangs and the Dul’Fangs, they won’t let me down when all you wimps is running away! Whatever Grimgor’s plans, he clearly intends that none should ignore him any longer, and the best way to achieve that is surely to gain the Nemesis Crown.
Big hats as well! :hat off

Arashi:

Wow, that was unexpected. I�m happy for the CD mention of course, but will GW really return to the big hat look?

Xander:

Where is this from? Another newsletter? I haven’t got it yet!

Uzkul Werit:

The update ain’t working on the site. A broken link maybe?

Grimstonefire:

http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/campaign/factions/orcs/week3.aspx

I gave up on the UK site for anything.

IMO the Big Hat mention is just a nice gesture to the die hard CD fans. Not too much to read into future plans.

Ghrask Dragh:

:cheers for the gesture GW!!

I prefer us to be allied with the greenskins just to avoid anyone thinking we are just a faction of chaos! though wouldn’t Ogre Kingdoms make more sense? we enslave orcs everytime we see them and have had lots of dealings with the Ogres (and provide most of their armour!!).

Great news on the Nod from GW, Keep winning those fights for the greenskins and we will get even more recognition!!!

Nazhur:

This is another great new, so ice that we got a second mention and this time from GW UK even! So good that they notice us, I love it. Sadly myself is no in this campagin yet, have sended 5 request to support for help to get into the campaing and still no answer, so no reports from me :frowning: I even have a win to report.

Traitor King:

Nazhur, was US actully. UK dont seems to care about CD (well my local store didnt…)

Always nice to get a mention. Ill also try and keep my eyes peeled for more.

Grimstonefire:

Yet another bit on Chaos Dwarfs! Brings a tear to an old Dawi Zharr’s eye:

Grimgor Ironhide now leads the greenskins’ search for the Nemesis Crown in person, leading a vast horde as it sweeps across the region. Grimgor is an unstoppable force of nature, bellowing orders to his underlings and challenges to his foes both day and night.

Though frequently defeated in battle, the greenskins appear to have enjoyed some success in their quest. Rumours abound of a Night Goblin said to “stink all wrong, like a really big boss even though 'e’s just a runt.” Grimgor has ordered all of the Forest Tribes to follow the spoor, and to locate this Night Goblin who, Grimgor believes, must surely be wearing the “Nem’sis 'at.”

Meanwhile, other concentrations of greenskins further from Grimgor’s gaze have been following their own agenda, safe in the knowledge that for now at least, the Ironhide is too preoccupied to notice them. Warlord Gromzarg has made a name for himself in the Reik’s Marches , and some members of his tribe already, perhaps rashly, hail him as the “next Grimgor.” Some have launched a campaign against the many Sigmarite sanctuaries across the region, taking blasphemous delight in piling great mountains of dung at the gates. Other tribes have continued their mission to simply burn down the forest, possibly unaware that Grimgor countermanded that order weeks ago. The alchemical fuels provided by the Chaos Dwarves have made it impossible to extinguish these fires, and so the guilty parties hope against hope that Grimgor finds the Crown before realising they have not obeyed his orders.

Xander:

Just got this email! Pretty sweet. I am loving this!

Grimstonefire:

Another mention, but this one I had to dig around for…

http://www.gcnm.org.uk/downloads/TheNemesisCrown.doc

The GCN are the people sifting through the player fluff reports I believe. So whilst this isn’t ‘official GW’, its probably been released with their consent.

To save those who can’t be bothered to download it;

Races

The rumours of a giant have drawn the Ogre Kingdoms to this area. Along with these foes the stalwart Dwarfs have sent a number of expeditions, primarily to investigate the potential mineral veins, along with the number of caves and barrows that criss-crossing the area that could prove the hiding place for the Crown. Also of concern to the Dwarfs are the rumours of sightings of their insidious cousins from “Zharr Naggrund”

Uzkul Werit:

So out of all the armies, we’re not doing too shabby. We’ve completed our goal of meaning mentioned a few times! :smiley: