[Archive] New and seeking opinion

Razzick_Khan:

Greetings,

I stumbled on this site a few days ago, and I have to give everyone here credit, I am impressed to see anyone still showing their love for a warhammer race that the younger in this hobby didnt even know existed. Not to mention the conversions I have seen thus far do justice to the Chaos Dwarfs I remember, as well as adding a modern spin to their look.

Personally I have been looking for a new project, one in which I can really get into and have fun with. What I have seen across the site and a few others has inspired me to try my hand at Chaos Dwarfs, and I cant wait to get started. I have a few questions though…

Are Chaos Dwarfs allowed Mercenaries? More specifically, Trolls, I had a fun conversion idea and just wondered if I could actually field the thing. Dogs of war have always been a kind of universal thing, however, I dont see it listed in the Chaos Dwarf download I found and I dont like to just assume I can take something when it doesnt give me permission.

Does anyone have helpful conversion ideas on making those huge hats Chaos Dwarfs seem to love so much?

Thats pretty much all the questions I have right now, I havent gotten into list making yet and Im sure Ill run into snags there, but I can save that for a later post.

Thanks for your time.

Also, under edit profile it asks for “Creed”. Hats, Helms, Hats/Masks…What gives with that?

Ghrask Dragh:

First of all, Welcome :cheers on the behalf of the site thanks for the kind words, this is a very cool site you should enjoy it here, we do!!

Personally I have been looking for a new project, one in which I can really get into and have fun with.

Razzick_Khan
Look no further :hat off

Chaos Dwarfs are allowed dogs of war (although we have much better rare choices IMO) check out this thread…

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6793
Does anyone have helpful conversion ideas on making those huge hats Chaos Dwarfs seem to love so much?

Razzick_Khan
There are loads of great conversions and ideas on this site in the hobby section but in particular Ishkur Cinderhat has gone above and beyond to bring big-hats into the 7th Edition!

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5733

Chaos Dwarfs are the best army I have collected by far, this site should provide with enough inspiration to turn into a Chaos Dwarf nut, like ourselves, the next thing you know you will be growing a curly beard and pestering shop keepers to make thier hats bigger :hat

Enjoy :cheers

Willmark:

Welcome as well fellow chaos stuntie refugee! You are now part of one of the best web experiences around.

The creed part referrs to whether you prefer your chaos dwarfs with big hats (ala 4th/5th edition models), helms (3rd edition CD models) sometimes described as marauder style after the marauder miniature line produced in the 90’s, or masks, a reference to the latest style akin to the hellcannon crew from 6th.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

i bid thee welcome also to the site of plots to overthrow the world and other general naughtyness :cheers

cornixt:

Chaos Dwarfs are allowed Dogs of War, and also many of the Regiments of Renown. There aren’t any trolls, but you could use Ogre rules for them.

Kera foehunter:

welcome to the sites. Stay around and your get some cool idea.Razzick

51la5:

Welcome this place is amazing chaos dwarfs are alowed dogs of war here is a link to the games workshop dogs of war page.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/lists/

gIL^:

i use led belchers, there great

Razzick_Khan:

I appreciate the welcoming and help with the previous questions. Its nice to know I have fellow Chaos Dwarf players to bounce ideas off of.