[Archive] New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!

tjub:

@Zanko: Ok, there was a cap on topics created in the first 24h. I upped it a fair bit, so now you can post again. :slight_smile:

Zanko:

One more question - how long can I edit a post in the new forum?

Here (and in the German forum which I use mostly) I can edit my posts all time which I like a lot cause I can give my thread a cool structure with all new apinted models in the 1st posts.

You can see it here

:hashut

tjub:

Here (and in the German forum which I use mostly) I can edit my posts all time which I like a lot cause I can give my thread a cool structure with all new apinted models in the 1st posts.

You can see it here

Zanko
As far as I know there's no limit?

Zanko:

You can see it here

Zanko

tjub
This is under "Badges / Editor", so I thought there would be a time limit for editing a thread:

Editor
This badge is granted the first time you edit one of your posts. While you won�?Tt be able to edit your posts forever, editing is encouraged �?" you can improve the formatting, fix small mistakes, or add anything you missed when you originally posted. Edit to make your posts even better!

Admiral:

It would be highly preferable to always be able to edit posts.

Great going, lads. :slight_smile:

tjub:

You can see it here

Zanko

tjub
This is under "Badges / Editor", so I thought there would be a time limit for editing a thread:

Editor
This badge is granted the first time you edit one of your posts. While you won�?Tt be able to edit your posts forever, editing is encouraged �?" you can improve the formatting, fix small mistakes, or add anything you missed when you originally posted. Edit to make your posts even better!

Zanko
Yes, that is the default for the forum. But its changed to "forever", so people can set up their threads the way they like.

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Yes, that is the default for the forum. But its changed to "forever", so people can set up their threads the way they like.

tjub
Good to hear! that is desperately needed. :yar

Zanko:

Will the new forum also have a “Board Statistics” like this one? Personally, I think that would be quite nice.

Moloch:

Hi Guys,

I tried it very quickly and it’s nice to have a mobile platform but I was a little bit confused.

I surelly missed something in the above comments but what about all the posts that are here in the classic forum? are they going to be part of the new app after the test period?

I must get used to the coloured side bar for categories but it’s a nice graphic solution.

Moloch

Admiral:

All the treasure contents (wiki, Word of Hashut, image compilations, contest libraries, stories and art, tutorials, homebrew army books, CD runes and so on) will be moved over to the new site. Manually.

Members will have to restart their army logs on the new site, but most of CDO’s past in pictures will be transferred wholesale. Much of that work was completed back in 2017, the year of the Photobucket crisis: See Carven Images (10 years of CDO). Ready to be copy-pasted to the new site.

Later this year we will undertake a careful sweep for gems and content that must be carried over wholesale. The new site will be a reboot to this, the old site. Necessary for our longevity. But we will not lose our treasures. Not at all. We hope the move of our treasures to new CDO will be fully completed by next year. :slight_smile:

Great thanks to Xander in particular for making this happen. We’d be stranded without his tech know-how.

Zanko:

One question, is there a spoiler function in the new website? If I add all the pictures of my army it will get very fast confusing and overflowing!

Xander:

There are definitely some settings to adjust who can make posts based on their trust level. I’ll see what I can do to lower those so that new members can make posts. :slight_smile:

Admiral:

Stellar work with setting this up, lads! :cheers

A new feature on CDO on Discourse is a showcase section where members’ sculpted miniatures is featured. Check it out here! Tjub has done some great work at it:

Miniature Ranges Sculpted by Members - Chaos Dwarfs Online

cornixt:

If you are thinking it has been a bit quiet on here lately, it is because most people are posting on the new forums. It works really well.

MadHatter:

pushing a bit for this in the new BAD BATTLEREPORTS #2! T9A Infernal Dwarves vs. Daemon Legions - BAD BATTLEREPORTS #2 - YouTube

clam:

I’ve signed up for the new forum. Anyone experience same problem as I? Lots of pictures (especially in your “Tjub’s blog”, Tjub) aint showing, but I can right click on those missing pictures and when opening link in another window a “chaos-dwarfs.com/images/photobucket/tjub/”-url opens and I can see the picture? :~

Admiral:

I have the same problem, especially for Tjub’s blog. I wonder what it comes from? Will notify our tech overlord Xander.

tjub:

I think we managed to fix that now, let me know if is still a problem. Send a PM on the new forum. :slight_smile:

Goltor Lintrepide:

Do I need to sign up a new account on the new forum? Or is my current account automatically transferred on the new forum?

Admiral:

You need to sign up a new account to the new forum.

It’s a brand new website. The old one is so heavily customized that it iss un-upgradable. We needed to start over. :slight_smile: