[Archive] New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!

Xander:

If you saw Admiral’s previous news update, we’re looking at moving to New Forum software in 2020.

We’ve been successful in setting up Discourse: a very forward thinking and mobile friendly system that makes creating posts as easy as it is on Facebook. When installed like an app on your phone and with notifications enabled, it functions in much the same way as a modern social media platform but with all the benefits of it still being a forum!

If you’d like to join us on this new adventure, please reply here and I’ll send you an invite to the email address your signed up to CDO with. You may have to check your spam folder for the invite once sent.

I look forward to seeing you all on the new CDO Forum!

:hat off

Edit: I’ve opened public registrations now!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Please note that all our best content will be transferred manually from old to new CDO, over the course of 2020. So you’ll not see the gems be lost.

Jackswift:

I would like to join and help with testing. Thanks!

Dînadan:

I�?Tm willing to try helping out.

Xander:

Sent invites to both of you! :slight_smile:

Vapo:

invite please

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Xander:

invite please

Vapo
Sent!

tjub:

Great, lets do this! :slight_smile:

Uther the unhinged:

Technophobe that I am I think I will need time to get used to it. Please send me an invite.

Admiral:

Great going, Xander! You’re a rock. :slight_smile:

Xander:

Great going, Xander! You're a rock. :)

Admiral
Once in a while, when I get to it.

:P

Uther, invite sent!

Zanko:

Despite my digital deficits, I would also like to try to help!

:hashut

Pyro Stick:

I’ll check it out as well.

Xander:

Invites sent!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Reaver of Uzkulak :

Just logged on! Excited to check it out

Moloch:

I’m ready, willing to test me too :slight_smile:

Moloch

Horace:

I’ll give it a go if you send me over an invite :slight_smile:

Xander:

Sent!

Things seem to be working smoothly, so I’ve opened up public registrations now. Feel free to invite others to join!

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ll get to this when I have a little time to peruse it with the full attention such an endeavour deserves. Well done, Xander, I can’t imaginet his kind of change has been small work.

Zanko:

Since I cannot open any more topics in the new forum, I write down my thoughts here before I forget them again.

I miss a gallery section where everyone can present his army.  No feedback, no blog, just pure army.

I also find the restriction to open new topics not optimal, at least not in the initial phase when the new forum should be filled with life.

Also I don’t find the forum clear enough, I miss (besides a gallery section) further subdivisions, like for stories (fluff), tactics or new rules. I’m afraid that all the new content will simply “disappear”.

The new emojis I don’t like either, too modern. I miss the usual old emojis.

So far my first thoughts. :hat off

:hashut

tjub:

Since I cannot open any more topics in the new forum, I write down my thoughts here before I forget them again.

I miss a gallery section where everyone can present his army.  No feedback, no blog, just pure army.

I also find the restriction to open new topics not optimal, at least not in the initial phase when the new forum should be filled with life.

Also I don't find the forum clear enough, I miss (besides a gallery section) further subdivisions, like for stories (fluff), tactics or new rules. I'm afraid that all the new content will simply "disappear".

The new emojis I don't like either, too modern. I miss the usual old emojis.

So far my first thoughts. :hat off

Zanko
Haven't noticed that you cant open topics, thats odd. We will have to have a look at that asap. :)

I talked to Xander about this, as I understood it he wanted it to grow organically and then add structure as its needed until we are back to as many subsection as is needed. I trust him there since afaik its his jobb to build sites for companies etc. But I shared your thoughts here, guess we are "oldies" in that regard... :P

There are plans to recreate the site part of CDO as well, with showcase armies etc. With new and smoother tools...

Ill see if I can add our old emojis as well. Pretty sure thats possible. :hat off