[Archive] New Dark Elf models

Grimstonefire:

Some pics I shamelessly stole from warseer (from january WD).

Pretty nice overall, especially the dreadlord with great weapon.

snowblizz:

I find myself incredibly torn on the issue.

Yeah the models are so sweet… but where is the plastic character kit!!!

Any time when a potentially awesome plastic kit is replaced by 4 (or even more!) generic unposable characters in metals is a massive fail.

Merchant:

Well those are cool, and I think Vasquez might be able to use some of them in her VC army as Vampires or Necromancers, might a wight - I myself is having some idea that could be use to convert them. anyway it is not about make them into undead, I like them - cool, great pose - all :slight_smile:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I think they look c**p

First the mounted Dreadlord is illegal 2 HW and a banner

Second the Dreadlord with HW looks like an arrangant,fart head,A-hole he desevers to be shoot be a cannon

Third the female Dreadlord looks like a male cross-dresser

And finally the GW Dreadlord is nice (better then the normal one)

And last can you see the differences between Mike Adersons and Gary Morleys DE’s? (come on Mike we don’t want all DE to look like idiots)

IMO Rank over

Fridericus_Rex:

I’ve already seen them before, and yes, they don’t look well. I think they look realy old school and dumby.

Kera foehunter:

i like the guy / girl elf dread lord who can tell anyway

or is he from the rocky horror picture show

Ghrask Dragh:

That assassin just isn’t right, the legs don’t fit the rest of the pose I think they are too static :frowning: a shame cause that could have been a really good sculpt if they were a bit more dynamic. Dreadlord might be ok but I don’t like the other 2 at all, great sculptor though just missed the mark this time.

Fallen246:

Plastic kits required, or revenge shall be plotted.

slev:

I like the one with the GW, who may have to make an apperance in my HotT army. I’m not fussed on the rest.

Xander:

I am not too impressed… a shame really. This is why I don’t buy expensive character models from GW…

Filipicusius:

@Godbob: Where in the rules does it say that only a battle standard bearer may carry a magic standard? And where does it say that it takes a hand?

And yes indeed, they do look c**p

two_heads_talking:

Those are 4 models of epic fail… Holy crap. The models from last edition or that most recent models are 100 times better than these…

@Godbob: Where in the rules does it say that only a battle standard bearer may carry a magic standard? And where does it say that it takes a hand?

Filipicusius
If you are a BSB you can't take another HW (unless you can?)

snowblizz:

Filipicusius
If you are a BSB you can't take another HW (unless you can?)

Godbob and his jolly rogers
You can in the new books (HE onwards). However you still can't use 2 handweapons while mounted so that's an Epic fail right there. That models isn't even "sold" as a BSB :o:rolleyes:. And a character with *only* a hand weapon? They are crazy.

Filipicusius, please don't even try and claim any character can have magic banners. That's simply wrong and has always been that way. I don't have my 7th ed rulebook with me but check the section on magic items it holds the restrictions.

You can in the new books (HE onwards). However you still can't use 2 handweapons while mounted so that's an Epic fail right there. That models isn't even "sold" as a BSB :o:rolleyes:. And a character with *only* a hand weapon? They are crazy.

snowblizz
Thanks for clearing that up :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

Going back to the characters: the one with GW (from the poor quality pic I bothered to look at lol

Filipicusius:

@snowblizz: I tried and failed :confused:

Though I’m still not convinced as i think i a few years ago searched through the rulebooks after this and didn’t find anything about it. Prove that there is such restrictions and I’ll give you half of my slaves! :wink:

@HB: nope, i meant exactily what he thought i meant.

snowblizz:

@snowblizz: I tried and failed :/
Though I'm still not convinced as i think i a few years ago searched through the rulebooks after this and didn't find anything about it. Prove that there is such restrictions and I'll give you half of my slaves! ;)

@HB: nope, i meant exactily what he thought i meant.

Filipicusius
Actually if it was a few years ago I can help you... because it *is* found in the 6th ed rulebook, I just read it there.

My 7th ed book unfortunately is at university. One of these days I'll learn to take those electronic copies with me when on school holidays.

Baggronor:

Awful :hat They just have no grace to them at all, and the poses are so unnatural. The 6th ed models were way better.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ve just not bothered to read that sectiuon since I assumed it’d be the same. Now my Chaos BSBs will be FAR more powerful… If I take them…