[Archive] New dragon ogres too small to use with FW Bull Centaurs

tvandyke:

I ordered some new Dragon Ogre weapons, arms and torsos from some bit suppliers and hoped they would work with the new FW Bull Bodies but I just don’t think I can pull it off without it looking odd. The Dragon Ogres are simply too small. I think I might have to take another look at the Minotaurs or even standard Ogres. They seem bulkier.

Kera foehunter:

I’m so sorry to here this. I though they may work too .

So are you trying to make new Bulls or just trying to re arm the one you have

tvandyke:

I'm so sorry to here this. I though they may work too .
So are you trying to make new Bulls or just trying to re arm the one you have

Kera foehunter
I'm just trying to convert the FW Bulls to hold GW's. I thought I could just use the Dragon Ogre arms with the Bull Torsos but they're too puny. So I ordered some DO Torso's but they're also scaled in such a way that they're too small for the Bull bodies. I have 9 of the FW Bulls. One of them is being converted to be my Tauruk, but the other just might end up staying HW/Shield unless I can come up with something that will work for GW's.

Kera foehunter:

if you have the choice i go with the minotaurs they are larger than ogres…

or make some weapons out of 5mm plastic card or an old credit card that you maxed out

Jossy:

I have done some conversions with minatour fists/weapons.

The fists are a tiny bit to small but hardly noticeable, the weapons seam to be fine so far, if not a little to barbaric compared with the FW CD style weapons

Animatone:

if you have the choice i go with the minotaurs they are larger than ogres..
or make some weapons out of 5mm plastic card or an old credit card that you maxed out

Kera foehunter
Yep I'd have to agree with Kera, I've compared the two and the minotaurs are definitely a better fit size wise. So I'd say pick up some of there bits online if you can. They'd work real well.

I'm actually using the dragon ogre plastics to convert a fimir lord based off the unofficial army book released by http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.com/ for the fimir. I think overall it would work out fairly well due to both the size of the FW fimir compared to the dragon ogres and the reptilian hind legs. I really think it will turn out pretty cool especially in the case of a fimir lord all decked out with a dragon ogre torso and a fimir head.

Da Crusha:

I ordered some new Dragon Ogre weapons, arms and torsos from some bit suppliers and hoped they would work with the new FW Bull Bodies but I just don't think I can pull it off without it looking odd.  The Dragon Ogres are simply too small.  I think I might have to take another look at the Minotaurs or even standard Ogres.  They seem bulkier.

tvandyke
hmm, that's too bad. do you have a pic of the size comparison? I thought they would be a good matchup.

tvandyke:

I ordered some new Dragon Ogre weapons, arms and torsos from some bit suppliers and hoped they would work with the new FW Bull Bodies but I just don't think I can pull it off without it looking odd.  The Dragon Ogres are simply too small.  I think I might have to take another look at the Minotaurs or even standard Ogres.  They seem bulkier.

tvandyke
hmm, that's too bad. do you have a pic of the size comparison? I thought they would be a good matchup.

Da Crusha
No pic. I suppose I could take a few later today.

Gunnerson:

Funny to see this post. Just last night I took some mino GWs and stuck em on. Seems a really good match! The hands are just a tiny bit small and should probably be pinned and then perhaps have the seam filled with green stuff.

Skink:

Check out Tjub’s blog!

tvandyke:

Check out Tjub's blog!

Skink
Those are nice bulls, unfortunetly, it's too late for me to start from scratch. I've already spent a fortune on the FW Bulls so I'm using them. To be honest, the FW Bulls are awesome looking models. I actually hate to cut them up. Ideally, simply replacing the arms with GW arms and weapons would be best. Sounds like the Minotaurs are the way to go.