[Archive] New Fantasy Rule Book?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Too bad they didn’t take the best of both books and make one really great book. I’d like to play a slayer army, but judging how quickly borri Graniteskin dies every time I play him…well, I’m not too keen on slayers.

Kera foehunter:

its ok mr t slayer want to die so you did good

The Brain:

the older addion dwarf rules are better !! im a dwarf player the new rules
the new core and the  how many slayer you can use
we where a force of power before!!
all the dwarfs now are warrior upgrade
long beards  rangers  the loss of better figures
throw the minner are better

Kera foehunter
I have played Dwarfs since around the end of 2nd Ed. Trust me this is the best set of rules we have ever had. What do you mean by the "new core" all that changed with the core is that long beards are a warrior upgrade, a big plus, rangers and miners swapped core and special. As far as the limits on slayers, 30 to a unit are plenty. I regularly take two units of 30 and I can count on one hand the number of times that an enemy has gotten through them. Another good change in the book is the organ gun. A free re-role of the artillery die if it wasn�?Tt a misfire is awesome. It is so funny to role a 2 or 4 and see the smile on the opponents face when you tell them you are re-rolling it and get a 10. Units just melt away. It is a good list what you should worry about is them changing it to something worse.

Ps
It is nice to see a lady that appreciates a dwarf army. Too many play wimpy dark elves
:(

The Brain:

Too bad they didn't take the best of both books and make one really great book. I'd like to play a slayer army, but judging how quickly borri Graniteskin dies every time I play him......well, I'm not too keen on slayers.

Tarrakk Blackhand
If you want to play a Slayer Army then get yourself a copy of the Storm of Chaos rules and go to town. The Slayers of Karak Kadrin are awsome and a lot of fun to play. Some people might try to give you a hard time about playing them because Storm of Chaos is over, but you go right to the GW website and print out the Dwarf FAQ. At the end of the FAQ Gave Thorp himself states that the list is still perfectly good you just have to use the runes from the current dwarf list. The FAQ shutsup any nay sayers everytime. :cheers

Kera foehunter:

well sweety you have your opiion i have mine i also been playing dwarfs for 6 year!!

new rules

pm me so that we do not spam this link

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Kera - It’s nice to have the slayer die, as is his obligations, but i wish he could take someone out first! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

just think of the fun you would have with 30 of them

Baggronor:

The Slayers of Karak Kadrin are awsome and a lot of fun to play.
Not much fun for your opponent :) The '15 Doomseekers list' was probably the most broken thing ever.

Kera foehunter:

Well i never seen any one with 15 doomseeker figures !! or who would buy them

back in the day most store only had a few i only have 2

Swissdictator:

I converted my Dwarfs to Chaos Dwarfs. I often said the Dwarfs do what I’d want to do with Empire, they just do it better. A defensive infantry army with solid blocks and guns. The Dwarfs can do very well in that. Hammerers with shields if given immune to fear/terror banner or having a lord in them are one of the most hard to break units in the game! Only Temple Guard w/ shields with Slann in them would be tougher.

The thing for me was they didn’t have somethign appealing aside from that. While I tend to like Dwarfs, and their attitudes, I just couldn’t get into the western Dwarf army. However, if Slayer Cult (even toned down) was widely accepted I’d probably have a slayer army… as that was my favorite part of the Dwarfs… especially a I currently read the Gotrek books.

I think people are a little hard on the Dwarf list, but it is not high tier at all. I’d rank them above Beasts and Ogres… maybe Tomb Kings… but that’s it. They’re not far off from our cooler Hashut worshippers.

I don’t think a massive overhaul in them will be needed, probably some points changes, a couple more runes, and perhaps making the Rune Priest a little more interesting (I think his attacks should come magical as a base rule).

I would like to see a rule, similar to the Warrior Priest/Arch Lector, that if you take a slayer character you can take a slayer unit as core. Not necessarily one per slayer character (although that would let a slayer list be possible… though I could see additional rules to this effect), but it would be nice.

Kera foehunter:

well with all the soc army !! this was gw greatest work !! they knew it and when they said no soc army gw died that day

The Brain:

Well i never seen any one with 15 doomseeker figures !! or who would buy them
back in the day most store only had a few i only have 2

Kera foehunter
I think the most I have ever fielded was 12 in a 3500pt tournament. You done't have to use the doomseeker models to represent them you can use any slayers model as long as he has the ward of grimnir tattoos. The fluff does not say that they have the chains as weapons it only says that they are "a whirl wind of blades" I have found that the blood bowl and mordheim slayers work well. But 12 doomseekers rocks. I had one kill an entire unit of flagellants in 2 rounds of combate. I laughed my opponent cried. :)