[Archive] New Fantasy Rule Book?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok…I don’t know how valid this is…but someone in our shop was saying that GW is going to release a new Fantasy rule book soon and a new book for Dwarfs which eliminates Thorek Ironblow and The Anvil Of Doom.

I think it’s bunk about the Dwarfs and I don’t know about the Rule Book.

I missed a few months here on the fourm, so I’m wondering if this is false information on his part or if I missed some GW announcement or something.

Please shead some light for me!

ThanX!

Tarrakk.

Loki:

The only thing i have heard is that when GW do the new set of rules for warhammer, dwarfs are ment to be the first army toget a revamp

Thommy H:

Nope. It’s Skaven next, followed by Beasts of Chaos, I think. I wouldn’t expect Dwarfs until 8th Edition, which is some years off yet.

Loki:

Thanks Thommy H that�?Ts what i was getting at but could not remember what Edition we are on at the mo as only started playing when the rules we use now came in, so yes when the 8th Edition rules are realised dwarfs will be redone then

cornixt:

There was a rumour early this year that 8th edition rulebook would be out in September. Obviously it was untrue.

snowblizz:

There was a rumour early this year that 8th edition rulebook would be out in September. Obviously it was untrue.

cornixt
Praise Hashut for that! I hate it that you barely have time to get into the game and they change editions on you. I'd like some stability in my game thank-you-very-much-GW.
4 years of core rules is just stupidly short.

Grimstonefire:

As far as I know 8th Ed warhammer is coming out summer next year, I haven’t heard anything about the contents, so there may well be something that nerfs his rules via the main rulebook.  8th Ed. Dwarfs will not be out until end of 2011/ start of 2012 at the soonest.

I’ve asked a few people and O&G are not one of the armies in the box (neither are CD).

wallacer:

There are quite a few people on Warseer who are saying next year for a new rule book. Take it for what it’s worth.

The Brain:

There are quite a few people on Warseer who are saying next year for a new rule book.  Take it for what it's worth.

wallacer
That sounds about right. That would make it about 4 years for this current rule book. As far as dwarfs being redone I think Tomb Kings, Bretonians, Woodelves, and Ogres will be the next in line after Beasts.

Kera foehunter:

The only thing i have heard is that when GW do the new set of rules for warhammer, dwarfs are ment to be the first army toget a revamp

Loki
Well i hope they help the dwarfs this time..give them better rules
but who knows :hat off

Crube:

Don’t you mean

"I hope they help the Dwarfs this time…give them bigger hats"

:hat

Auretious Taak:

Skaven are due for release in November. Go ask your local GW store staff member to confirm it.

slev:

GW games are on a 4-year product cycle, so a new core book every 4 years to keep things up-to-date. They ensure backward compatibility with old codices/army books from the previous edition.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like the space Marines new codex. I hope that they make a Dwarf book simular to it and actually make the slayers and special figures as part of the book.

Who wouldn’t want special rules or at least stats for Long Dron’s Pirates, Queen Helga, the Dwarf Kings, Malakai Makaison’s Goblin Hewer, and all that other Kool stuff GW took the rules away for? I think they should put back these special characters to attempt to increase their sales on them and just to give options for more interesting play.

Willmark:

Skaven are due for release in November. Go ask your local GW store staff member to confirm it.

Auretious Taak
I would but the nearest one is 4.5 hours away, and in Canada.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Come on up!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

Auretious Taak
I would but the nearest one is 4.5 hours away, and in Canada.

Willmark
Willmark Road trip !!!!!:P

The Brain:

Kera foehunter

Loki
I hope that you are joking, or else you have not fully read the current Dwarf book. Dwarfs are one of the touhgest armies in the game right now. They are among the few that can compete with newer books like Chaos Daemons and Vampire counts at the power gammer level. If you look at the GT results you will consistaly see Dwarf players placing at the top. There is very little that can stand to a Thorek Ironbrow list. Trust me I have smashed everything from Daemons to Wood Elves with it.

PS
Organ Gun best war maching in the game.

Crube:

As far as I know, it’s Skaven in November, and WFB 8th edition in September next year…

Kera foehunter:

Kera foehunter

Loki
I hope that you are joking, or else you have not fully read the current Dwarf book. Dwarfs are one of the touhgest armies in the game right now. They are among the few that can compete with newer books like Chaos Daemons and Vampire counts at the power gammer level. If you look at the GT results you will consistaly see Dwarf players placing at the top. There is very little that can stand to a Thorek Ironbrow list. Trust me I have smashed everything from Daemons to Wood Elves with it.

PS
Organ Gun best war maching in the game.

The Brain
the older addion dwarf rules are better !! im a dwarf player the new rules
the new core and the  how many slayer you can use
we where a force of power before!!
all the dwarfs now are warrior upgrade
long beards  rangers  the loss of better figures
throw the minner are better