[Archive] New figures for December

AGPO:

Not to mention daemons :frowning: In fact all chaos armies for fantasy are pretty much indentical now.

Discoking:

Not to mention daemons :( In fact all chaos armies for fantasy are pretty much indentical now.

AGPO
Identical?

or do you mean, "Individual"?
Only because I don't think they are indentical.

I do think the Beastmen need to be cheaper, as well as these rares...
Or give the Gors 2 wounds each again! lol.

Admiral:

Nice monsters, especially the Jabberslythe!

Hashut’s Blessing:

All three have Scrolls of Binding in White Dwarf and the Jabberslythe has some options (I don;t remember the other two having them). Jabberslythe is ÂŁ40, btw.

Thommy H:

That’s odd - Storm of Magic already has Scrolls for the Cygor and the Ghorgon. Maybe they’re just reprints of the same thing?

cornixt:

Probably. Back in the day, WD had a lot of reprints from army books

Baggronor:

Jabberslythe is ÂŁ40, btw.
I just bought some figures while I was in Japan. ÂŁ40 is nothing... :(

Going to get the Ghorgon and use him for other stuff.

AGPO:

Not to mention daemons :( In fact all chaos armies for fantasy are pretty much indentical now.

AGPO
Identical?

or do you mean, "Individual"?
Only because I don't think they are indentical.

I do think the Beastmen need to be cheaper, as well as these rares...
Or give the Gors 2 wounds each again! lol.

Discoking
Nope, I mean identical. Pretty much any Chaos army I've seen in the flesh recently has been made straight out of the box, with pretty much no conversion. I started collecting Chaos back when they were still the kitbasher's army, and no two players collections looked alike. It's all a little dull now when most armies look the same. IMHO they need to go back to having one big chaos supplement.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yeah, it actually says an exclusive scroll of binding for the jabberslythe - the other two are direct reprints, which annoys me. I already paid ÂŁ30 or what have you for the SoM book, so why take two pages of the ÂŁ4.50 magazine to show me them again, when a simple line saying they can be found in SoM would suffice (and is in there!).

Wanna know something cool and harsh? The Jabberslythe can be given a tail attack and the ability to ambush!

ChungEssence:

I wish the Jabber’s tounge attack had the sniper and D3 wound rule. Would make the beastie much more appealing to play.

I quite like the model though, but it’s $102Aud. That’s a lot of dough for just 1 model, as well sculpted as it may be.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Chung: To be fair, it’s pretty useful without being able to kill characters hiding in units.

Wifstrand:

I do so like that Jabberslythe. They really succeeded in creating something altogether disgusting.

ChungEssence:

[/align][align=center]

Chung: To be fair, it’s pretty useful without being able to kill characters hiding in units.

Hashut’s Blessing
Yeah it is… but then for 275 pts it really should be.

I just think it needs something extra, and with the great looking grabby tongue on the model i’d have liked a special rule for it. My thought’s were, that tongue looks like it’s just ready to grab someone. I could see the Jabber going for the ‘shiny’ one. That was my thoughts for this. It’s only toughness 5 with 5 wounds. I like that it can fly (bursts of flight with those tiny stumpy wings haha). The hurt things that wound it rule is good, but overall I don’t think it’s particularly powerful, although I LOVE the concept and the model is quite a good one I think. I just wish its ‘disturbing aura’ did something to Undead/Daemons as well as it’s a waste of points vs them. It can potentially be huge vs Empire/Orcs/Skaven etc which I really like. Overall a ‘weak’ beasty, but if I played Beastmen i’d still play one as I love the idea… and the model, just don’t like the multiple eyes

Hashut’s Blessing:

Can always take it in Storm of Magic and I get what ya saying - against Immune to Psychology armies, it is immensely weaker, but against other ones (especially low leadership ones), it’s pretty awesome. One thing to consider is that you could snipe out the higher leadership characters to cause more madness damage and they didn’t want it to break armies on its own :wink:

ChungEssence:

Can always take it in Storm of Magic and I get what ya saying - against Immune to Psychology armies, it is immensely weaker, but against other ones (especially low leadership ones), it's pretty awesome. One thing to consider is that you could snipe out the higher leadership characters to cause more madness damage and they didn't want it to break armies on its own ;)

Hashut's Blessing
Ah, indeed, which is why I wish it had the sniper rule for BSB gobbling.

I can imagine it snacking on a goblin BSB while the little gobbo's run. As it is the Jabber will only be able to snack on a normal gobbo and then the rest will probably pass their reroll. Really cool concept though, i just wish they would have gone a little further with it. Can't complain though and i'd love the field one in Storm of Magic. When i play with my friends we don't actually play legit 'Warhammer' most of the time so it's quite common for us to add random beasties to our battles for flavour(equivalent values obviously). One of my favourite characters(figures) is actually Ghazghull from Warhammer 40k. We play him as a Solo rampaging warboss who costs about 350 pts with WS7, 4 wounds, the Armor of Gork and a permanent +1 to combat resolution. He's quite a beast and really fun to play with even though completely not 'legal'. Of course he has his big claw, but considering it's Warhammer not 40k his gun doesn't work.

The game is what the players want it to be. If i do eventually get a Jabber (long list of stuff i want first, including the Bale Taurus) we might just house rule him the Sniper/D3 wounds thing i was talking about anyway.

But yeah, minor rule gripes aside i think the Warhammer world is 'richer' for having the Jabber a part of it.

Speaking of December figures, i'm definitely getting a Ghorgon. I'm going to try and paint it as a statue, and possibly give it a Bone Giant Head and play it as a Colossus. I might try and use the head for a Kdaii Destroyer. The Cygor rock is awesome although I wish the GW painters went with a less 'human' colour for Beastmen.

I'm half thinking of trying to make a Destroyer from the Ghorgon kit combined with a Necrosphinx.... ah, so many possibilities, so little time.
:cheers