[Archive] New GW scenery

snowblizz:

Or sticking a house and a tower haphazardly onto a rock to make...whatever this thing is.

Thommy H
An Astromancer's Lair apparently. :P

On some level I kinda like it, BUT...
Once again we get good hard *THIS* *IS* *WARHAMMER*!!!! kick and fall into the bottomless pit.
Seriously GW quit it with the skulls and basreliefs. I can buy the impossible architecture, but I really really would like to not have to have 100 foot skulls on everything.
And it's not like the tower could even fit the poor wizard lying down anywhere.

It looks like it says £46 & 58�,� which would fit so I think that is indeed the price.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s been confirmed by several people over at Beasts of War that it is £46. Prohibitively expensive (although the kit is larger than I keep thinking it is).

However, I think Nico’s method of burying the building in a wall of some kind is the only way to make it look like he could fit in standing up, let alone laying down.

The skulls aren’t too much of a problem on the observation tower - the problem is their application. They don’t look like part of its construction or like the bricks go around them in anyway. That’s the poorest part of its design, IMO.

Neil:

Someone over on the Empire forum says the Observatory bit looks like a Dalek. I hadn’t seen it until they pointed it out, but now I can only see it as a Dalek.

I think if I got this kit, I’d do the Observatory as a separate building and then put the tower crenelations around the bit where the observatory would normally sit to make a little fortified lookout.

Bolg:

Ha, thats why the skulls are there, to make it less Dalek-ish d:

klemanius:

Personally I’d like to know what a metal mage is doing in an astromancers lair…

cornixt:

The wizard in the picture obviously doesn’t live there - his staff is too big to get through the door.