[Archive] New horrors... Not insane enough?

Henroth:

These Horrors are a dirt. :~

slev:

The thing with the horrors is this: they are better than the pre-sixth edition ones, but nowhere near as good as the sixth edition ones. We’ve been spoilt and so these new ones look terrible.

The DP is OK, but looks a little blocky and poorly sculpted. Again, it doesn’t live up the the promise of earlier models.

Deamonette cav have gorgeous mounts, which do live up to previous models, while the riders are based on the ropey current plastics (same problem the new Horrors have), and as many have pointed out, don’t seem well-sculpted as riders.

The Changeling is excellent, I’d love to see a new range of Flamers in a similar style.

Overall, we know they can do better, as they have in the past. It seems that the new plastics tend to be somewhat hit (All the more recent troops other than the Daemonettes) and miss (rat-ogres, minotaurs, empire wizards).

Da Crusha:

I think they are ok but I like the previous ones better

Nazhur:

I like all the new daemons models. Of course the old metal horrors where better but that doesn´t meen the new are bad, just that I liked them better.

Thorne:

I must admit I am not a fan of the new gw line of deamons, They just look too action figure like for my tastes. If I wanted action figures id go buy a macpharlane (not sure on the spelling) product to convert.

Border Reiver:

Never really cared for any of the Tzeentch daemon models - still don’t, but the plastic DP has some possibilities for a DP of Hashut, with some GS work of course.

ClawLeader:

I miss the fifth edition bloodletters… and sixth edition ones, but these new ones are pretty slick in their own way, not what I imagine as a bloodletter any more.

Oh, yes, ahem… horrors. I sadly like the new models. The demon prince in my opinion blows. Its too blocky and inorganic. The wings are a huge turnoff on how sharp the angles are. The head and face is sculpted pretty well.

I just hope GW doesn’t continue the use of this blocky and sharp angled art style. Least we have anime style hair and beards on our dwarfs. That is the day I quit.

Fequiil:

I prefer the old one which in my opinion were perfect or what they are.

Kered

Nicodemus
not insane enough?!:o

Kered:

Now How do I phrase this, to me is seems that their body structure seems too… structured not “chaos unbound given capering and energetic form” but some converting will sort that out.

Gar Shadowfame:

Eh, nobody likes them, but u wil see a lot of those on tournaments…

Leon Brachwurster:

I’m going to cut off there legs and use them for “slimers” in a GhostBuster themed army Chaos Dwarf Army! Mwahahahaha!