[Archive] New idea for Chaos Dwarf minis

RichardC1967:

Hi guys, with all the talented sculpters here on this site making all types of CD minis, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a set of 3 random CD warmachine crewmen, You always see all the Sorcerer types, the hand weapon types…etc…but I’ve never seen a warmachine crew…I myself have bought proxie warmachines(i.e. alternate magma cannon/deathshrieker) and it doesn’t have a crew,I realize that FW machines come with crewmen or even the hellcannon,but you can never just find the guys for sale individually.I would like to see someone make a few sets of three random CD crewmen for sale…I’d definately buy 4 sets…if they were priced reasonably(maybe between $10.00 to $15.00 a set).So whose with me? Would this be something feasable or not? I also realize I could convert my own…but this would be a good money making opp. for a more talented sulptor.

rpitts2004:

I just use my aow slayers

Da Crusha:

I use either dwarf war machine crewmen or 2nd edition bloodbowl models.

RichardC1967:

I use either dwarf war machine crewmen or 2nd edition bloodbowl models.

Da Crusha
but if your warmachine doesn't have crewmen?..I just put a bid on two sets of Bloodbowl CD players..but wouldn't it be cool if there where some actual blister packs of crewmen to choose from?

Da Crusha:

I just dont know if there is that much of a market for them. I suppose they can have a variety of hand options, with missiles, bolts, or clip boards etc. and maybe a powder kegs artillery shells, and maybe an entrenchment I suppose it could be pretty cool. and that is only if the sculpt of the crew is how you want it. but if someone would go through all the effort to make crew why would they stop there and not make the machine? wait, hasn’t scibor done this?

edit: he did, Moscals Cannon Crew Set 28MA0042

fairoaks024:

i second Richards request, I’d definitely buy 3-4 sets to crew my non GW machines, the scibor ones are OK, but i’m not 100% keen on them

regards

jim

Da Crusha:

the scibor ones are OK, but i'm not 100% keen on them

fairoaks024
this is the problem I was talking about. it is already a small market and if the sculpt is not desired you aren't going to buy it. chaos dwarf warmachine crewman is an even smaller market then human crewman.

fairoaks024:

this is the problem I was talking about. it is already a small market and if the sculpt is not desired you aren't going to buy it. chaos dwarf warmachine crewman is an even smaller market then human crewman.

Da Crusha
i can see your point, i might have to settle for scibor crewmen,

regards

jim

Da Crusha:

i can see your point, i might have to settle for scibor crewmen,

regards

jim

fairoaks024
or just convert some. all you really need is a small round bead to put in a hand and you have a cannonball. rod with plastic card cut into a d shaped for a shovel. a couple of bits from a plastic crew sprue and you would be set.

RichardC1967:

the scibor ones are OK, but i'm not 100% keen on them

fairoaks024

Da Crusha
point taken..guess I'll just break out the greenstuff and convert my own...

Baggronor:

It’s kinda weird making crewmen if you don’t make a war machine too.

Maybe ‘Dwarf Engineers’ would be a better way of putting it. But yeah, you can easily convert your own.

theforgefather:

I just dont know if there is that much of a market for them. I suppose they can have a variety of hand options, with missiles, bolts, or clip boards etc. and maybe a powder kegs artillery shells, and maybe an entrenchment I suppose it could be pretty cool. and that is only if the sculpt of the crew is how you want it. but if someone would go through all the effort to make crew why would they stop there and not make the machine? wait, hasn't scibor done this?

edit: he did, http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1283#i/2012/big/moskals_gun_crew_02.jpg

Da Crusha
Ahh! The return of the dudes wearing big winter hats to keep warm, then removing their shirt. (They need to learn about body heat! XD )

fairoaks024:

Ahh! The return of the dudes wearing big winter hats to keep warm, then removing their shirt. (They need to learn about body heat! XD )

theforgefather
you would have thought that they would be kept warm from the heat of the magma and lava they are invariably standing on too.

regards

jim