warh:

well,the swedish prices are wrong:~

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

warh
This is what it says on the website above the PDF link

Download the latest
New Releases - March-May 2009:
On the New Releases schedule there are several items that are listed as a limited or splash release. We would advise our customers not to take more than three pre-orders on these items as they will be in limited supply and we cannot guarantee having them in stock.

Please note that we have updated the New Releases schedule listed below and there has been some changes on the RRP of items, we recommend that you check the file.

Updated 20th March 2009

starscream:

The "New" cadian and Catachan unit boxes look to be 10 for £12 in line with thier new pricing policy

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!

warh
This is what it says on the website above the PDF link

Download the latest
New Releases - March-May 2009:
On the New Releases schedule there are several items that are listed as a limited or splash release. We would advise our customers not to take more than three pre-orders on these items as they will be in limited supply and we cannot guarantee having them in stock.

Please note that we have updated the New Releases schedule listed below and there has been some changes on the RRP of items, we recommend that you check the file

Updated 20th March 2009

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!well that PDF confirms it as it says 10 man box, what a rip. thats a 33% price hike.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like the Officer of The Fleet. He looks like he came right out of the Civil War.

Lord Commisar looks like he’s inspired from either a 1940 Soviet or a 1940 German Officer.

Wasn’t there some roumour that the “Cadians” were a joke reference to “Canadians”?

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

The "New" cadian and Catachan unit boxes look to be 10 for £12 in line with thier new pricing policy

starscream
Looking at the Ork Sprue they might have special weapons with them on a remodeled sprue

starscream:

hardly an adequate substitute. Looks like I’m putting an order in for 2 boxes of 20 cadians when I get paid on 21/04.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Found this on Warseer

IG Cadian Shock Troops (10-man plastic kit) £12 US$22 Released May 2nd

IG Catachan Jungle Fighters (10-man plastic kit) £12 US$22 Released May 2nd

The Cadian and Catachan Boxes are reportedly 10 man sets WITHOUT a heavy weapon included. The kits are supposedly unchanged in sculpts and contents. The Catachans supposedly will NOT have scaled down arms.

Kits supposedly will have more bits allowing you to create hardened vets, penal legion troops, or regulars.

GGM007 has dished the following info from a Manager:

Originally Posted by GGM007

He said Cadians will be repacked from 20 to 10 but he didn’t think it would include a HW team. The Battleforce would also change (prob losing the Russ and gaining Sentinals or something, basically Troopers are about to get more expensive…)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I hope they don’t do too many army changes. I still have a copy of the 4th Edition Imperial Guards codex on my hobby store shelf which I’ll have to remove when the 5th edition comes out in May. I had to do this with Space Marines as well. It’s quite a loss to my profits.

GRNDL:

Flog it on Ebay, or better yet, form a “starter deal” on Cadians or something before the new codex comes out. If you can use it to shift more stuff, maybe you can cut your losses?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

My rep was talking about this as well. I just wonder if there’s a market down the road for the older codexes and army books? do these things become “collectible” in their own right, or do people just throw them out because they are obsolete?

Somehow I think that the principle behind selling a codex that you know is going to go out of production in a month to someone starting out with Imperial Guards isn’t a good idea. In a month the customer will come back with his painted army all ready to play and then I’ll have to tell him he can’t play unless he gets the updated (5th) Codex. The customer will probably think I’m “Money Grabbing” and not want to come back. I think I would.

GRNDL:

Might do. I like to collect early prints of certain gaming materials - Traveller, RuneQuest, Warhammer…

re: Isn’t a good idea

Just trying to help. There is a reason why I write stuff like this and not sell it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I appreciate it Grndl. don’t get me wrong! :smiley:

dedwrekka:

starscream
Looking at the Ork Sprue they might have special weapons with them on a remodeled sprue

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
The thing that made the change to Orks worth it is that it contained special weapons (Ork boyz don't really carry heavy weapons) and a Nob that wasn't available on the previous sprues. Which made it so that Ork players actually came out ahead as opposed to the other alternative at the time of buying them all separately.

This idea was taken, dropped on it's head, and now here comes the ultimate "special child" of ideas

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Yep its now confirmed, cadian shock troops are up by 33% for no change

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...ameStyle=wh40k

and the Catachans up by 33% for no change

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...ameStyle=wh40k

slev:

Squad boxes where originally released in this vein over a decade ago. On average, money halves in value every decade. The same figures you paid £12 for in 1999, you should pay around £24 for now, which means the 20-man unit should come in at £24. Oh look, it does.

As ever when GW raise their prices in line with over-all inflation, but do so in fits and spurts to avoid constant re-pricing, it’s seen as a rip-off.

These pieces where seen as excellent value on release, and they are thus, after factoring for inflation, similarly good value now. Obviously plastics have come some way in the interrim, but even so, it’s not much of a gain to be had in this ase, especially with the Cadian kit.

GRNDL:

Personally, I don’t think the Cadian kit needed an upgrade, its pretty good. The cost, well, meh. The Catachans though, holy mother of Hashut, they are horrible… absolutely disgusting. They sorely needed an upgrade, or get canned, IMO, and some other type get some plastics - Valhallan or Steel Legion or whatever. The new Catachan heroes/characters look good, IMO, but the core troops suck. And for the price increase, I doubt they’ll fly off the shelves.

Personally, I’m stocking up on FW Krieg and Vostroyans.

dedwrekka:

Having seen the new IG codex, I’m more than willing to bet that there will be a lot of new IG armies starting soon (Not that there aren’t a lot already). I can say that an Infantry heavy army is still very viable.