[Archive] New Player, would like oppinions :)

Mako_Boy:

Hello there :slight_smile:

Just to give you guys some background, i have played regular Dwarfs for about 2 years, and won a little Local Gaming Store tournament held at Warhammer World with them.

After a break from Fantasy of about a year, i have been asked to run a Blood in the Badlands Campaign and include Triumph and Treachery (Which is awesome).

I decided instead of rebuilding my old Dwarf army, i would get stuck into the Tumarkhan Legion of Hashut rendition. And i am loving it completely at the momenet.

I recently traded a Blood Angels army for a bunch of the FW models brand new, and have a load more on order. So really what i am asking is what is the best way to get started?

In time, i plan to invest in the K’dai chaps, and maybe Goblins (Although i hate the models with a firey passion…a Hashut’y passion if you will). For the moment i want to stick with Regular CD.

Right now, i have 40 CD with HW/S and 20 with FG. (Trying to steer clear of the Blunderbus untill there is model, which willbe never boo hoo :frowning: )

I also have the Iron Daemon, 2 Magma Cannons, the Daemonsmith Engineers on order.

I planned to have a big old block of the hand weapon guys, units of 10 fireglaives on each side, artillery behind with the heroes. Castellan and Prophet in the big unit and the Iron Daemon off ruining peoples days in the field.

Any suggestions to make this work, tactics, anything? I would like to acheive a 80% win ratio with this army if possible, i just lost all credit by losing 10 games of 40k on the trot (Hence why the Blood Angels are now in Leicester far away from me! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thanks guys in advance.

Abecedar:

personally I can’t give any advice. Find the “daemonsmiths handbook” thread that has been compiled as there is a lot of advice there but apart from that it just go for a browse through all the previous threads looking for pearls of wisdom

Bloodbeard:

Lot’s of old threads about the same stuff:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13713

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13711

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13491[/align]

Also the Daemonsmith Handbook is great.

gIL^:

Hello there :)

Just to give you guys some background, i have played regular Dwarfs for about 2 years, and won a little Local Gaming Store tournament held at Warhammer World with them.

After a break from Fantasy of about a year, i have been asked to run a Blood in the Badlands Campaign and include Triumph and Treachery (Which is awesome).

I decided instead of rebuilding my old Dwarf army, i would get stuck into the Tumarkhan Legion of Hashut rendition. And i am loving it completely at the momenet.

I recently traded a Blood Angels army for a bunch of the FW models brand new, and have a load more on order. So really what i am asking is what is the best way to get started?

In time, i plan to invest in the K'dai chaps, and maybe Goblins (Although i hate the models with a firey passion..a Hashut'y passion if you will). For the moment i want to stick with Regular CD.

Right now, i have 40 CD with HW/S and 20 with FG. (Trying to steer clear of the Blunderbus untill there is model, which willbe never boo hoo :( )

I also have the Iron Daemon, 2 Magma Cannons, the Daemonsmith Engineers on order.

I planned to have a big old block of the hand weapon guys, units of 10 fireglaives on each side, artillery behind with the heroes. Castellan and Prophet in the big unit and the Iron Daemon off ruining peoples days in the field.

Any suggestions to make this work, tactics, anything? I would like to acheive a 80% win ratio with this army if possible, i just lost all credit by losing 10 games of 40k on the trot (Hence why the Blood Angels are now in Leicester far away from me! :P )

Thanks guys in advance.

Mako_Boy
In my 2400pt list i have 40 IG with HW and 20 Fireglavies, My opinion is keep the fireglavies together they are still pretty effective in combat 10x2 with a castellen giving them stubborn.

Hope to see some progress soon :D

Sticklander:

As I’m more of a painter, than wargamer, to get used to the colour scheme/feel of the models, work on the look of the Infernal Guard first, and then you can deviate from there.