[Archive] NEW Pointy eared high elves for may

rpitts2004:

Looks like we have we high elves incoming for may Phoenix’s and flying chariots oh my.

gIL^:

ohh my , Nice looking!

Woodelves need something!

sheogorath:

looks likes its going to be skeet shooting season soon.

rpitts2004:

ohh my , Nice looking!

gIL^
I believe all elf armies are coming out this year

GRNDL:

Elf news, on this forum? I think I’m gonna puke.

Samanos:

they look like moltrex and articuno from pokemon lol.

that howdah-like thing under the red phoenix must be the new eagle chariot… elves…

Ghrask Dragh:

Hmm, those look like fiery wings, may be useful for some conversions (if you can buy them on their own anywhere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

wallacer:

Elf news, on this forum? I think I'm gonna puke.

GRNDL
QFT.
We really do need to update the forum rules.

furrie:

ohh my , Nice looking!

gIL^
I believe all elf armies are coming out this year

rpitts2004
Only high elves this year, according to the rumours, the dark and wood are next year.

Baggronor:

If you’re going to post about elves, at least post about the dark kind :wink:

Phoenix mounts, eh? Nice idea. Think they’d look better with a more fiery paint job. Should be interesting to see how they do the elves in 8th.

Kera foehunter:

Dude you have to cut back on your drinking… or the next thing you see is a skinny Male / female elf laying next to you. WHAT WOULD YOUR POOR MOM THINK !!!

Thommy H:

Good stuff. I can’t say I’d ever play High Elves, personally, but I like new monsters.

Time of Madness:

Dude you have to cut back on your drinking.. or the next thing you see is a skinny Male / female elf laying next to you.  WHAT WOULD YOUR POOR MOM THINK !!!!!

Kera foehunter
She'd like the elf babies, every mom wants to be a grandmother!
Time of Madness

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I won’t be surprised if the phoenix has the burning body rule (which will drive everyone crazy).

Vogon:

I personally find it very interesting that they would include the Phoenix. This is the creature in Monstrous Arcana that has affinity for High Elves.

Also with pretty much all the armies getting a big gribbly, is this why Warhammer Forge have gone all quiet? They’ve not produced anything big for a while.

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

There are pictures of a WIP Merwyrm in White Dwarf. WF have gone quiet because FW is concentrating on the Horus Heresy stuff - Warhammer’s trend towards large monsters is actually the whole reason Monstrous Arcanum was even made.

Willmark:

$ Basically there Thommy.

Yodrin:

Heard that HE loose their ASF rule???

Blackspine:

this is what I’ve read on multipule sites/ rumor mills.

(so take it with a grain of salt)

High elves get a 6+ parry save no matter what weapon (bows, spears, mounted)

High Elves ignore the ASL. I have YET to hear about speed of Absurdyan, but doesn’t mean it’s not there

Still +1 to dispell.

Honestly, losing speed of Absurdyan is amazing. White lions were/are the best infantry in the game. Period. Around here, most HE players run the White lion horde and 50/50 chance of the folding robes-your-weapon-is-inert-nananana-you-can’t-roll dice.

I am looking forward to more diverse lists, and maybe their core being a bit more solid. I enjoy playing High Elves, but not the WL horde that crushes so many armies. They had the best magic defensive items (3-4 dawnstone style armors) and i’m sure they’ll be brought in line.

All in all, the pace they’re putting out new books is fantastic.

Warriors, sneaky deamons, Elves (in some order). Pretty amazing.

rpitts2004:

The whole army is losing always strikes first but army wide they are gaining martial prowess which means all high elves fight in a extra rank, also rumors stating they will get the anvil of vaul which one of the buffs will be always strike first.