[Archive] New Scibor Minotaur

Zanko:

Beside the new AoW model I also found this new Scibor Minotaur!

In contrast to Kev’s awesome Axenarf model (which you can use as an Ogre or a Minotaur) I’m quite disappointed of the model!

Not only the painting is common - also the whole miniature is common (at best)! There is something wrong with the body proportions …

All in all for my liking it’s not worth the 23 Euros Scibor wants for it! But that’s my personal opinion!

The other 2 Minotaurs aren’t much better than this one!

:hashut

Thommy H:

Yeah, the greens were better.

Kered:

The legs seem too small for the body.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hm, could be that this was sculpted specifically to fit in with the new GW minotaurs, with all those bulgy muscles, even the paintjob is similar. Personally I think the sculpt is not bad I sure wish I could sculpt like that! :slight_smile: I would probably just have made the head a little smaller.

Grimstonefire:

Aside form the shoulders and head, it has the proportions of GW orcs. They have tiny legs as well.

I quite like this model, and all of his minotaurs actually. If I did ever want to buy some I’d buy his.

Patrikson:

Hmmm…Quite a good model.

It like people have said is a bit dis-proportioned but oh well XD

But even though it looks good (kinda) i wouldn’t spend that sort of money on it since i am already trying to save up for many things including the blood moon minis fimir.

Baggronor:

Yeah, the greens were better.
Yep. Seems to have added a lot of superfluous detailing that gets in the way towards the end. I do like the way the mane goes down his back though, and the face is nice. How much is 23 Euros in proper money? :)

Loki:

Cool looking model, like the shoulder pad, but i thinl it could do with some more fur.

@ Baggronor, in real money its about £19, so till cheaper than GW

Baggronor:

19 quid?! :o I hope thats for 3 of them…

Loki:

I dont think so mate i am sorry to say, still £6 cheaper than the doom bull and in a better pose, not sure if its the same size as the doom bull, would be cool if we could get a pic of the two next to each other to see sizes

Baggronor:

I dont think so mate i am sorry to say
Well I don't intend on buying any (tbh these days it has to be something pretty special to make me buy it instead of just going, "Hmm that's cool, I'll go home and make one"). 19 quid each, crikey.
not sure if its the same size as the doom bull, would be cool if we could get a pic of the two next to each other to see sizes
Yeah, I have seen the Doombull up close and he ain't small (his axe alone must weigh as much as a Chaos Dwarf).

Loki:

Yeah, I have seen the Doombull up close and he ain't small (his axe alone must weigh as much as a Chaos Dwarf).

Baggronor
Lol this is true i am using my one as a paper weight on my desk at the mo :D

clam:

May be a new photo - but still the same :wink:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7327