[Archive] New Slayer Brotherhood Painting Contest #2

BilboBaggins:

Hello All.

Since the last painting contest went so well the New Slayer Brotherhood is having another painting contest.

The theme is larger so there will be a longer period of time to get the models done.

But we try to keep the rules simple.

1. The subject will be any Unit, Monster or War Machine. Unit size has to be the Minimum size in the current army book. It would be nice if the Units have full command if an option in the army book but that isn’t necessary.

2. Any models allowed, any Warhammer Race, any manufacturer (GW and non-GW) is allowed.

3. Must take 4 clear images from different angles of the unit.

4. Please list details on model (Make, model) used, conversions done and paints used.

5. Images must be sent by PM to BilboBaggins at the New Slayer Brotherhood no later than 31 October 2009.

Please don�?Tt send units that have been submitted in other contests.

The images will be posted on the New Slayer Brotherhood and voting will be for 1 week. The Winner will be announced in the second issue of The Doom Seeker, which is due for release on 15 November 2009.

Kera foehunter:

Come on guys !! Now this one can be a lot of fun !!

you guys like the warmachines ( this site has the best ever )

Heck you all have a chance to win if you look at the last contest

GRNDL:

Is there a prize?

I have ideas, but minimum unit size is always my #1 enemy. Heh.

BilboBaggins:

No prize this time other that recognition. We are discussing prizes for future contests.

Come on GRNDL some units have a Minimum Size of 5 (Black Orcs, Slayers) or even 1 (Man Eaters). Plus War machines and Monsters are allowed. You have over 2 months to get something ready, I have confidence in you.

GRNDL:

Hmmmm, what are your restrictions on “count as”?  Can I come up with something that counts as, say Slayers, even though they might not be? For purposes of unit size/strength, model type, etc?

BilboBaggins:

As long as it makes sense and you explain it when you enter it there should be no problems. If really Questionable PM me before you start it.

Kera foehunter:

The price would be that you won and you can dog us and say na na na im the greatist

but untill then less talk !! hows that for the best price ever

GRNDL:

@Kera
It leaves something to be desired?

I dunno, it means I’ll have to register on a new forum and I’ll feel dirty for splitting my loyalties between here and there. Unless I can just submit them through here, in which case, I might just do it…

Might…

BilboBaggins:

But you would have to go there to vote. :smiley:

I’m on several forums, it’s not bad.

Pyro Stick:

Ive definately got something in mind for this. Lets just hope i can get motivated to stip the model and repaint it in time.

Kera foehunter:

@Kera
It leaves something to be desired?

I dunno, it means I'll have to register on a new forum and I'll feel dirty for splitting my loyalties between here and there. Unless I can just submit them through here, in which case, I might just do it...

Might...

GRNDL
* cough * COUGH* 15 MEMBER of the cdo are there

the reason most cd where tall hat is to hide there mohawk

BilboBaggins:

And the main reason for the contests are to get more members at NSB, and readers of The Doom Seeker.

BilboBaggins:

Less than 2 weeks remaining to get your entries in.

Kera foehunter:

Mine is done ! all i have to do is take pictures

Kera sticks here tounge out at grndl *

oop!! sorry grndl please join so i can get your vote

Kera foehunter:

it time to vote !! come on over and vote !!

well you can still check it out

GRNDL:

HmmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmm… Is it fair to plead for votes, Kera? Tsk tsk tsk… :stuck_out_tongue:

BilboBaggins:

HmmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMmm... Is it fair to plead for votes, Kera? Tsk tsk tsk... :P

GRNDL
Actually she didnt say vote for her, she just said to vote.

We had 5 entries, all are cool in their own ways.

Here's the thread to see the entries.

GRNDL:

Actually she didnt say vote for her, she just said to vote.

BilboBaggins
Actually, our dear dwarfette did ask for my vote:
Kera sticks here tounge out at grndl *
oop!! sorry grndl please join so i can get your vote

Kera foehunter
Not that she wouldn't get it anyway. If I were to join... but my loyalty to CDO is too strong.

BilboBaggins:

Well the Pirate Queen is on several sites (and favourite on them all).

Plus the entries are not listed with names.

GRNDL:

I still have to live with myself Bilbo and that’s hard enough to do as it is. I would know of my transgression.  :hat off