[Archive] New Sneak Prieview - Warriors of Chaos

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi guys and girls!

Here is a benefit from owning your own hobby store!

Well, I recieved the new Warriors of Chaos Army Book today and they have the Chaos Dwarf Hell Cannon in it. So it is great that there is still some representation of the Chaos Dwarfs in existance.

I’m not sure how much I can tell you, as the book is officialy released in November, but I thought I’d just throw up the regular stats as a teaser. Also, the Hellcannon counts as a “monster”.

Stats : M WS BS S T W I A LD

Chaos Dwarfs :

Hellcannon :

EDIT: Posting of full stats for current units is not allowed. Also see the following thread for discussion of it (a bit long but lots of relevent info)- Cornixt

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/8600

I’ve never seen the Chaos books before and I don’t know if this is new info or just a continuation of last issue’s book, but I thought I’d just share it with you first!

Talk to you later!

Trevor Ursulescu

Monster Hobbies

www.freewebs.com/monsterhobbies

Hashut’s Blessing:

Stats are not allowed to be posted on the website for legality issues. However, you can say if they’re the same as or different to the Ravening Hordes or Storm of Chaos stats.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Kool! I did not know that! I’ll know for next time.

Willmark:

"And knowing is half the battle"

kudos to all the Yanks who actually got that one.

Kera foehunter:

omg it the great american hero!!! G I ***

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well…I tried!

Where’s the info on the Ravening Hordes or Storm of Chaos stats anyway?

Overmind:

shrugs

As for not providing full stats, it’s not like we all ahven’t ahd our bok for a month… right?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah…you’ll find out in a few weeks at your local GW store. :smiley:

Overmind:

Oh I already have it… nasty little machine that I already love. :slight_smile:

Silly store owners always thinking they gett everything first…

Servius:

Oh I already have it..... nasty little machine that I already love. ^_^

Silly store owners always thinking they gett everything first........

Overmind
depends on the store really... our local has had the warriors book since they got the Space Marines book at the end of august.

Overmind:

Hmmmmmmm I tkae ti back then I didn’t beat all the store owners this time…

And I was so close to… :((;))

Thommy H:

Should we maybe lift the ban on posting stats since you can get them all on the GW website now?

Hellcannon of Chaos page. Just click the little cross at the bottom to reveal the stats.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yup! Same thing as in the new book!

I think the Mods will probably keep the “Stats Ban” in play. Let GW do what GW will do!

Thommy H:

Well, all I mean is that there’s no need to have a brain embolism every time someone posts a couple of stats any more. GW are apparently giving that information away free now.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

True, but I think these guys here just want to make sure there isn’t any possibility of GW shutting them down.

As GW don’t currently have a CD line-up or book, our conversions are OK to post. That and the fact that they can’t come after you for building a model, legally speaking.

the fact of us posting the stats on something GW owns is a possible Copyright infrigement, so I can see the mod’s cautions. Afterall, we wouldn’t want the site shut down.

Thommy H:

As GW don't currently have a CD line-up or book, our conversions are OK to post. That and the fact that they can't come after you for building a model, legally speaking.
Do you think they wouldn't be okay to post if there was a book in print? If that's the case, a lot of people posting pictures of their models from other armies are going to be in trouble.

I can see the cause for concern, but GW generally don't notice things like this. Chamber of the Everchosen has had almost everything from the WoC book in a stickied topic for months now - they'll probably take it down when the book comes out, but there's been no e-mails from the legal department.

Plus, if they're going to shut us down it'll probably be for all the copyrighted artwork on the wiki and stuff...

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Fair enough. Just saying what I think they’re thinking.

Anyway, I, for one, wouldn’t mind getting more stats, etc. I WANT to build a Chaos Dwarf army and if no one has any info, then let’s try and get what we can!

Thommy H:

Uh…have you looked at the actual Chaos Dwarf army list?

Here.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, I have it downloaded on my computer allready.

But here’s a question : Can the Chaos Dwarfs use the Hellcannon from Chaos?

Thommy H:

Nope. You can use the model as a counts-as Earthshaker though (like I do).