[Archive] New to CD, just testing a list... 2400 tourney/fun

thomasthefinch:

Just an all round list I’ve tried to make.

IG to be deployed in 7x4 with Castellens. Obviously they are quite dangerous units.

Bull Centaurs to rock around wherever they are needed.

K’Daii Destroyer to handle infantry that would possibly beat the IG and BC with static combat res.

Death Shriekers to handle any chariots/monsters or to kill lots of infantry if facing an all infantry army.

Magma cannon for… well it just seems really good?

Daemonsmiths to stand with the war machines and defend them/rerolls. I’ve given the pigeon plucker to one of them because I realised how often flyers are getting to my warmachines, especially with no small fire (bowmen etc) this is likely to be the case here.

I realise this doesn’t look exactly like most lists you see on here, but let me know what you think…

Castellen BSB

GW

Dragonhelm

145pts

Castellen General

Sword of Anti Heros

Enchanted Shield

140pts

Daemonsmith lvl

Charmed Shield

Dispell Scroll

Pigeon Plucker Pendant

Metal

165pts

Daemonsmith lvl 2

Sceptre of Stability

Potion of Speed

Fire

150pts

600pts

27 Infernal Guard

GW

Full Command

437pts

27 Infernal Guard

GW

Full Command

437pts

5 Bull Centaurs

GW

Musician

Deathshrieker

Deathshrieker

Magma Cannon

Kdaii Destroyer

thomasthefinch:

Just an all round list I’ve tried to make.

IG to be deployed in 7x4 with Castellens. Obviously they are quite dangerous units.

Bull Centaurs to rock around wherever they are needed.

K’Daii Destroyer to handle infantry that would possibly beat the IG and BC with static combat res.

Death Shriekers to handle any chariots/monsters or to kill lots of infantry if facing an all infantry army.

Magma cannon for… well it just seems really good?

Daemonsmiths to stand with the war machines and defend them/rerolls. I’ve given the pigeon plucker to one of them because I realised how often flyers are getting to my warmachines, especially with no small fire (bowmen etc) this is likely to be the case here.

I realise this doesn’t look exactly like most lists you see on here, but let me know what you think…

Castellen BSB

GW

Dragonhelm

145pts

Castellen General

Sword of Anti Heros

Enchanted Shield

140pts

Daemonsmith lvl

Charmed Shield

Dispell Scroll

Pigeon Plucker Pendant

Metal

165pts

Daemonsmith lvl 2

Sceptre of Stability

Potion of Speed

Fire

150pts

600pts

27 Infernal Guard

GW

Full Command

437pts

27 Infernal Guard

GW

Full Command

437pts

5 Bull Centaurs

GW

Musician

Deathshrieker

Deathshrieker

Magma Cannon

Kdaii Destroyer

Samanos:

you mean the fact that its a heroes only list?

yeah that certainly is unusual but not necesserily bad. A certain amount of people here tries this approach I believe, myself included.

seems standard, but are you sure you definitely need 5 centaurs?

3 seem to work the same

thomasthefinch:

you mean the fact that its a heroes only list?
yeah that certainly is unusual but not necesserily bad. A certain amount of people here tries this approach I believe, myself included.

seems standard, but are you sure you definitely need 5 centaurs?
3 seem to work the same

Samanos
Hey, thanks for the input!

I've been having a think and I've kind of decided that the list really lacked in chaf killers. With no Khan and Hobgobs, I have nothing to block units of 5 wolves and the like. Even one of those getting through could wreck my line.

I'm trying to re-jig the list to get in two units of 3 centaurs. Maybe 3 with GW, and 3 with AHWs. I figure then I've got 3 fast moving units in the K'Daii and the BCs.

Also going to try and get the movement banner on one unit of CDs to give them a little bit more range and manoeuvrability.

I'd love to fit in a BC hero, but alas, without changing it to run a Sorcerer Prophet I don't think I can fit it.

nilbog:

If you want two units of three bull centaurs, drop the GW from one of the units of guard; you’ve then got a hammer and an anvil. This will also free up some spare points for some magic banners.