[Archive] New to LOA starter list help AOS

Bazkhulnazhar:

Chaos dwarves seem like they are really fun to play, trying to figure out what my first-time purchases should be while coming up with a list for 1k and 2k. How do people feel about Hashut’s Wrath Artillery Train? Was thinking about building a list with it at 2k for casual games and small local tournaments or maybe just a fun artillery list no battalion.

I was leaning more towards dwarf builds and less bull centaurs, wanted to do a Dark Iron Dwarf theme not sure how I would go 1k though.

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Drazhoath the Ashen (320)

- General

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)

30 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (300)

20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)

20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)

3 x K’Daai Fireborn (140)

3 x K’Daai Fireborn (140)

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

Magma Cannon (140)

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

Total: 1940 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: 133

Jasko:

Hey, so well my problem is that I don’t play AoS myself and only have tentative contact with it. But from what I can gather, those battalions are what you want to be aiming for, because of the sweet boni they confer. And when I look at your army list, you are already very close to the Blackshard Warhost. So the only “help” I can give is that you might want to try and aim for that. Split the Fireglaives into two units of 15 and make room for a Castellan as well as the battalion warscroll and you’re already there!

Heavygear:

Check out the Age of Sig Zharr facebook page.