[Archive] New to LOA

ross_lionheart:

Hi,

Its been along time since I’ve played warhammer due to other commitments but I’ve got the bug again and have decided to update my chaos dwarf army. Unfortunately when I played back in the day, I used the old RH list :frowning: the rules for chaos dwarfs have.npw been updated and it appears that some of my units at no longer usable! Before I invest in new units from forgeworld could someone help steer me in the right direction.

Ideally id like to start off by playing 2k, these are the models I have ATM… Once I figure out a new list id be willing to invest in perhaps bulls or a destroyer??

2 units of 29 CD warriors with fcmd

50 CD blunderbusses

50 hobgoblins with extra hand weapons

2 hobgoblin heros on wolfs

10 hobgoblins on wolfs with hand weapons and shields

Chaos dwarf sorcerer lord on lammasu,I also have a great taurus

2 chaos dwarf Heros on foot

1 chaos dwarf sorcerer on foot

1 death rocket

2 Es cannons, could act as magma cannons

10 bull centaurs which are now too small

30 black orcs

TheHoodedMan:

Thats a decent lot of models, congratulations!

A destroyer is a must on the long term. Although most players know how to act against it it is still a menace and a great focus on the table.

Hellcannon`s nice, too. You can play the old bull centaurs on bigger bases, just looks not so good but entirely possible. There should be already some 2k lists available which should fit with little adaptions.

ross_lionheart:

I’ve had a look over a few lists and have always had the preference to field defensive magic, a high number of core troops and strong flankers. I haven’t made up my mind regarding magic items etc but would appreciate some input. Ideally this list should be around 2k :slight_smile:

Characters:

Chaos dwarf sorcerer

Level 1, defensive items

Chaos dwarf BSB

Joins the unit of IG

Bull centaur taruk

2 hobgoblin khan on wolfs

Core:

29 chaos dwarf iron guards

Fcmd w/ razzor standard

24 chaos dwarf fireglaves

W/ fcmd

50 hobgoblin cut throats

Light armor, additional hand weapons and fcmd

Special:

5 bull centaur renders

W/fcmd and great weapons

2 magma cannons

1 deathshrieker rocket

Rare

Kaddi destroyer

sam585:

I would take at least two level 2s one with dispell, and one with the chalice.

ross_lionheart:

2.5k chaos dwarf army

Characters:

Infernal castellan @ 205 points

Bsb, gw, ironcurse icon, mask of the furnace

2 x hobgoblin Kahn @ 116 points

Giant wolf, light armor, spear

Daemonsmith @ 120

TheHoodedMan:

I like the list a lot, it`s not so typical and has lots of great elements.

Maybe you could think about taking a s-p instead of one daemonsmith and sacrifice some infernal guard (put the rest in one block). The reason for this proposal:

At 2500 pts most people have a lvl 4 mage and against your lvl 1s magic dominance. And we have good lores to choose from, so offensively this could open some possibilities.

ross_lionheart:

I like the list a lot, it`s not so typical and has lots of great elements.
Maybe you could think about taking a s-p instead of one daemonsmith and sacrifice some infernal guard (put the rest in one block). The reason for this proposal:
At 2500 pts most people have a lvl 4 mage and against your lvl 1s magic dominance. And we have good lores to choose from, so offensively this could open some possibilities.

TheHoodedMan
That's a good point, I've never really had much luck with magic but a level four might be enough to neutralize any magic. I could sacrifice the two daemon smiths and khans in exchange for a level 4? But what's the best way to kit him out??

I've played quite a few games in 8th with the raving hordes list and found that my biggest weakness was lack of mobility and few disposable troops. The Iron guard will most likely be centralised and each unit will be accompanied by a character.

The large block of hobgoblins act as a tar pit against my opponents deadliest troops, with steadfast and a re-roll able leadership of 10 they should be able to stand their ground long enough for the bull centaurs, hellcannon or fireborn to get a flank charge :P

Grimstonefire:

That’s a good looking list imo. I don’t know how many points you’d need to cut here and there to upgrade one unit to fireglaives, but imo it would certainly be worth it.

TheHoodedMan:

Equipment for the lvl 4?

Enchanted shield, talisman of preservation, and a arcane item of your choice or the dispel scroll.

But I would try to keep a lvl 1 with the scroll and the khans and rather forego reduce to one bigger IG unit :-).

ross_lionheart:

Or alternatively I could drop the hellcannon and use the additional points to upgrade my sorcerer to a level 4. By doing this I could keep my khans and level one to guide the death rockets. Or the death rockets could be left at home and the hellcannon could come out to play???