[Archive] New TV **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

cornixt:

The new TV season is upon us. Here’s what I think.

Stargate Universe. SPOILERS. Cute redhead nerdgirl is an obvious new main character. Nice to have a season premiere actually resolve a cliffhanger in one go rather than having to wait for yet another. This show barely stayed on my to-see list last time due to the continuing teen-drama style and only one genuinely nice person. We know it is dark in space, everyone hates everyone, and people have character flaws, but don’t go overboard. Luckily it didn’t fall into “Powerful enemy that could kill us all at any time” territory that makes sci-fi so dull these days. Didn’t like the dream sequence. The people outside the ship not dying was in 50s tv serial territory with being so obvious I thought there was an unspoken reason why they didn’t do it in the first place.

Community. Good as ever.

Fringe. So now we know the whole motivation thing of the other side. Hopefully they can do more of the weird stuff rather than just action episodes used solely to maintain a plot arc.

Looking forward to new South Park and Ugly Americans.

GRNDL:

SG:U sucks. As a long time Stargate fan, all I have to say about the new series is they totally succeeded in taking all the Stargate out of Stargate and basically making it into an uninteresting, self-absorbed and vacuous pseudo-drama. The awesome premise of the show is utterly undermined by the producers trying to make it edgy and “hip.”

zobo1942:

Never liked ‘Stargate’. The movie was OK, but the show? Never really got into it. Maybe I needed to watch a few more episodes.

I like ‘Fringe’, but am not thrilled with the way things are going this season. Might need to cross that off the download list. Kind of neat to see places I used to work being shown on television, though.

‘Supernatural’. LOVED the first five seasons, but after seeing the two episodes this season, I’m thinking that it might get axed off the list, too. The characters seem to have lost all their motivation, and the things that made the show worth watching in the first place aren’t there. I’ll give it a few more episodes. Hopefully, it will improve. Still think it would make a kick-ass video game. Being able to download new ‘hunts’ alone would be awesome.

Given the quality of most things that I’ve seen on television lately, I gotta say I’m glad I cancelled my cable three years ago…

Captain Crayon:

this reminds me…

I really should get around to buying a Telly one of these days…

nitroglysarine:

anyone on here a fan of Bones? S6 has just kicked off.

Willmark:

TV? I get to watch basically on Sunday only so that means sports.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

LOL@Willmark - here at last is someone with a life! :wink:

I really like SG:U, it’s a space drama instead of a shallow kids-sci fi that SG:A turned into after a few seasons. SG1 was always cool and became truly great when the Anubis story arc came up. The Ori were kinda meh… well OK they were not that bad.

snowblizz:

So in 1-2 years I might be able to watch this on tv. Or buy the new season on DVD in 6 months. Man I hate this world.

warh:

I did like SG:Atlantis more than SG:Universe

wallacer:

When is Chuck season 4 out in the states?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I cut my cable years ago so I could afford food.

cornixt:

I saw the first season of Atlantis, then missed the big cliffhanger at the end of the season and didn’t see any more after that. The wraith were rather crappy enemies. I missed the final couple of seasons of SG1 when the Ori turned up. I’ve never made any attempt to catch up on either even though they seem to have marathons of them on the sy fy channel every now and then. Neither of them seemed all that compelling and missing an episode pretty much screwed up the rest of the episodes. I much preferred the self-contained story in each episode that SG1 had, at least you can watch repeats without wondering what the hell is going on.

The Snowman:

Chuck 4 has already started in the States… so has Dexter…

furrie:

So in 1-2 years I might be able to watch this on tv. Or buy the new season on DVD in 6 months. Man I hate this world.

snowblizz
That's why I download the epsiodes of shows I want to see and when they finally come out here, I buy them on DVD. I'm not so keen of having to wait a whole freaking year before I can watch the TV show.

Loki:

I am a fan of Bones, its a very good show , i am also a big stargate fan but have not been enjoying the new SGU just does not seem to work very well i will have to see what the new season brings though

nitroglysarine:

I heard SGU whimsically described as Stargate - Voyager

Not that voyager was original that was: ST Voyager - lost in space

snowblizz:

snowblizz
That's why I download the epsiodes of shows I want to see and when they finally come out here, I buy them on DVD. I'm not so keen of having to wait a whole freaking year before I can watch the TV show.

furrie
I'm too lazy to I've found. I need my computer to do other stuff than watch tv shows. If they are on the tv I can do stuff while they are on. :~

Beast:

Hi all.

A new series coming very soon called The Walking Dead based on the comics by Kirkman with the same title.

Bit like 28 Days later crossed with one of “the Dead” movies!!!

Can’t wait

Andy

Nicodemus:

SG:U sucks. As a long time Stargate fan, all I have to say about the new series is they totally succeeded in taking all the Stargate out of Stargate and basically making it into an uninteresting, self-absorbed and vacuous pseudo-drama. The awesome premise of the show is utterly undermined by the producers trying to make it edgy and "hip."

GRNDL
Yes, it totally reminds me of the 200th episode of the teen emo Stargate series. It's like universe has the undercurrent of a running gag from that spoof.
That vid is here:  http://www.youtube.com/v/nwyIMzfzz8o

I'll still watch it as I'm a Stargate fan, but it's the bottom of the pile. I can see it getting cancelled unless they get their $#!^ together.  ...and I could really do without those emo montages put to music that they force us to sit through during the last 5-10 minutes of every episode. My wife was saying she didn't mind then and thought it was interesting that they were trying something new... that is she liked it until I pointed out that the "emo montage" as we call it now is a bunch of self-absorbed emo BS that does absolutely nothing to advance the story or the characters. It's a couple of minutes out of every episode I wish I could get back. By the end of a season they waste close to 20 minutes on this foolishness that could have been put to better use driving the story forward.

SGU /rant over
~N