[Archive] New Warhammer World Daemonsmith

ExiledAuthor:

Gorgeous! Pity about the layers of exclusivity. Gonna have to hit up my UK friends for a favor…

Helblindi:

I’ll jump right off the bandwagon here: I don’t like this model. I think my problem is mainly with the painting somehow, though I can’t really put my finger on what’s wrong with it.

Still, the miniature seems not as cool as the other Forgeworld CD characters. Oh well, to each their own.

Skink:

Hey, this guy is already up on ebay. Is ANYBODY going to Warhammer world anytime soon? I want me this guy.

Bassman:

Nice to see we are still alive!

Bitterman:

I got mine this weekend (didn’t visit WW myself, or I’d have offered to share the love, but a friend of mine picked one up for me). It’s a superb sculpt - as you can see from the picture, really, but it’s fantastic in the flesh.

£18, by the way, which is steep for one model but, well, it’s Forge World; you already knew it would be.

Only downside is, it’s a little bit too large for a 20mm square base, particularly if you want it to rank up with other models based similarly. I suppose that won’t be a concern for everyone these days (it comes with a 32mm round base - ugh), but definitely a little frustrating for those of us who prefer the “old” ways. I’ve only had a quick dry assembly of it, though, so maybe with a bit of creative rotating, it might still be possible to make it fit.

Ravenswood:

@Bitterman, can you do some pics?

Bitterman:

@Bitterman, can you do some pics?

Ravenswood
Certainly - apologies for the large images.

As you can see, while he's not any taller than a previous model (big hat notwithstanding), he's a fair bit bulkier (he must really work out!), and with his arms flung out. He just about squeezes onto a 20mm base positioned diagonally, but his feet overlap by a fair bit when positioned horizontally, so it's going to be a bit of a squeeze to position him in such a way that he ranks up with other models, I think. But when the time comes to glue him, I will see what I can do.

Skink:

Jeez, he’s huge :o

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Admiral:

It seems I’m not the only one having difficulties keeping dwarves small when sculpting. Nevertheless, it’s a great model! And given Chaotic mutative powers, a sample of Chaos Dwarfen gigantism isn’t out of place.

Bitterman:

Yeah, I’m a huge fan of the sculpt. Scale creep is disappointing, but for me that’s more than compensated for by the fact that Forge World are still putting out Chaos Dwarf stuff. In its own right, I think it’s a lovely model.

Given the size, and resultant tabletop presence, I think it’s most suitable as a Lord-level Sorcerer-Prophet, than a mere hero-level Daemonsmith.

BABIS:

the tip on his hat is clearly one of those optional spikes from the older WoC plastic box! :smiley:

Jackswift:

Overall I like the model with one very glaring exception.  The feet look unfinished.  From the front, they look out of place, lacking shape and detail, compared to the rest of the model, as if they were an afterthought… “Oh yeah… right… um… feet…” and stuck a couple of round blobs of greenstuff on… “and… done”.

Edit:  Lol. I just realized looking at other models… they are very 4th edition (too explain the oversight, I only own a single 4th edition model),  though on this particular model, the fact that more of the foot is visible than on the older models of the same style, makes the style difference in lack of detail compared to the rest of the model very glaring.  if just a bit of the foot was showing, or if there was some form of additional link to the rest of the model, it would be less noticeable.  Just not a fan I guess.

Notwithstanding, I would still probably pick one up.  With an edit to the feet, not a bad character model.

cornixt:

Didn’t notice the lack of soles on his shoes until now.

Helblindi:

Indeed, feet lack detail. I also feel like the left arm is in a very akward pose.

Admiral:

It’s Mickey Mouse shoes of course. Not too difficult to correct, though. Good point about the left arm; it’s the stylized musculature playing tricks, though I can live with that. :slight_smile:

cornixt:

Yeah, his left arm seem to lack the inside of an elbow.
What does his back look like?

Admiral:

Bump. Anyone with a back shot to share? Also, is there any Briton planning to visit Warhammer World? There’s sure to be a long list of orders for whomsoever do. I’m willing to pay £2 extra atop the standard price and shipping as a little reward.

Parish:

Hi admiral !

I can send you one whenever I have time this week, just drop me your details;)

Timothy Archer:

Hi admiral !

Parish
hey if you can take me one too that would be really great , i can send you the payment before with paypal if its more convenient for you !!

Skink:

Hi admiral !

Parish
hey if you can take me one too that would be really great , i can send you the payment before with paypal if its more convenient for you !!

Timothy Archer
Same thing here!!! ME WANTS ONE!!!