[Archive] Next Artisan's: Chaos Dwarf Song Contest

Admiral:

With our oddball Chaos Dwarf song project steaming on in the fluff section I guess one way to crown it all would be with launching the next Artisan’s Contest, themed on song texts.

Voting and all those rules are for people with better minds for that stuff to figure out and formulate, but if anyone like the proposal about a song contest my only proposal for the rules is that they should be in-universe. Meaning no songs about D6s or ward saves, although of course the songs could well be based on tabletop experiences! Might’s right was, for instance.

It’d be interesting to see what this creative community could come up with for the mystic, enslaving, Daemonsmithing and cruel race known as Chaos Dwarfs in the Warhammer world. It could be simple work verses, nursery rhymes, folksongs, marching songs, cult hymns or whatever you fancy.

The sky is the limit. :cheers

There could be bonus slaves if someone is wacky enough to get the submission sung and recorded for the contest.

Waddya think? Yay or nay?

Dînadan:

Sounds like an interesting idea :slight_smile:

Admiral:

And random! This song snowball came almost out of nowhere. Had no idea if anyone would like it from the outset.

MadHatter:

Sounds fun!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bloodbeard:

I like all the music that’s popping up into CDO.

But I’m not sure I would want it as a Artisans Contest.

1. I think it would exclude a lot of users from entering the competion.

2. I haven’t got a chance of giving a fair “vote”. Because I can’t read what’s a good song and what’s not.

3. To vote fair I would have to hear the song. I can hear if I like it as music.

4. Having to sing, record and play the song would exclude even more members.

Dînadan:

I like all the music that's popping up into CDO.

But I'm not sure I would want it as a Artisans Contest.

1. I think it would exclude a lot of users from entering the competion.
2. I haven't got a chance of giving a fair "vote". Because I can't read what's a good song and what's not.
3. To vote fair I would have to hear the song. I can hear if I like it as music.
4. Having to sing, record and play the song would exclude even more members.

Bloodbeard
If it helps, think of it less of a song contest and more of a poetry contest - we're Chaos Dwarfs Online, not Chaos Eurovision Online after all :p

Zanko:

I have the same suggestions like 2012:

- a Chaos Dwarf related terrain

- a Chaos Dwarf related building / temple

- a Chaos Dwarf related craft / vesse

:hashut

tjub:

Markers/counters for spells!

Admiral:

The plan is to have the song contest as Artisan’s Contest XVI. Either after XV or after next Golden Hat. Which of the Golden Hat and the blood-and-slaughter poetry contest would you see starts in July rather than August?