[Archive] next project

RichardC1967:

so I have a 5 day weekend and I really need to get some CD stuff done…I plan on working on these two projects and hopefully at least finish them

these two"magma cannons"

and this thing…

still trying to figure out how to paint the Destroyer, was thinking about just a giant Bronze colored statue with flaming hands and a flaming head on the hammer…any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Mad Dave:

your braver man then me trying to tackle converting that last thing into a Destroyer. i would not even know where to begin other then spraying it black.

RichardC1967:

your braver man then me trying to tackle converting that last thing into a Destroyer. i would not even know where to begin other then spraying it black.

Mad Dave
I kinda picture it looking Talos from Jason and the Argonauts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdgY9vgRcRw&feature=related

Skink:

About the Painting style check out these:
The Last Chance War: My Other Chaos Dwarf K'Daai Destroyer!

The only thing I don’t like about your Destroyer is the pose. I worked as a bricklayer in the past and trust me, if you are hammering a wall down you DON’T WANT to hold a hammer from the bottom of the haft. You hold it next to the head (or with two hands in case of a 15 kilos hammer, damn that thing still haunts my dreams). A natural looking miniature often makes it over a poor paintjob IMO (I’m not saying that you’re a poor painter, just pointing things out:))

RichardC1967:

About the Painting style check out these:
http://lastchancewar.blogspot.se/2012/01/my-other-chaos-dwarf-kdaai-destroyer.html

The only thing I don't like about your Destroyer is the pose. I worked as a bricklayer in the past and trust me, if you are hammering a wall down you DON'T WANT to hold a hammer from the bottom of the haft. You hold it next to the head (or with two hands in case of a 15 kilos hammer, damn that thing still haunts my dreams). A natural looking miniature often makes it over a poor paintjob IMO (I'm not saying that you're a poor painter, just pointing things out:))

Skink
Thanks for the advice..but I'm not too anal about how he's posed, besides I think if you where about to make a sweeping strike, you would hold the hammer toward the bottom and let the head's momentum carry it thru your target...thanks also for the link, it gave me an idea about how to paint my Destroyer

RichardC1967:

so far

rpitts2004:

Very good man

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

RichardC1967:

Very good man

rpitts2004
Thanks,I'm new to doing greenstuff flames, so I guess its a learning process for me ,its supposed to look like dripping lava from his hand(guess it'll look better once its painted)..I also usually keep my bases simple and don't add too much stuff to them other than the initial mini.I'm gonna paint him like a bronze statue with the green patina, if I can figure out how to get that look

fairoaks024:

Superb!

you already have a great feel for how he’s going to look now you’ve modelled on the flames/magma

regards

jim

Lava Lord:

Richard, Just want to let ya know ahead of time, I have aquired the same pieces that you are featuring. A nice coincedence I think. I have a few ideas on painting the destroyer also. From looking at these examples and a gallery of other destroyers. I like the flame idea your sculpting. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. I am also thinking of painting lava seepage along the muscle tone and metal plating. I post mine down the road when I finish. A way down the road lol…:cheers

RichardC1967:

Thanks guys…:hat off, I still feel like he needs something more, but not sure what, and I don’t want to overdo it with the greenstuff,maybe a flamig mane? I’m also thinking about the magma/lava seepage along the seems and joints,but I want him to look like a solid statue, so maybe I’ll just do the joints to look like they are burning red hot bronze…

Samanos:

i have noticed that many people here use those magma cannons.

Im sure it has been asked before but since i cant find it can somebody tell me who makes these?

RichardC1967:

i have noticed that many people here use those magma cannons.
Im sure it has been asked before but since i cant find it can somebody tell me who makes these?

Samanos
here's the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Techno-demonic-cannon-fit-for-28mm-fantasy-wargaming-/251081478007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a759f4f77

I bought 4..two for magma cannons and two for Deathshriekers...

RichardC1967:

ok I decided to do the flame motive mane…I’ll stop there, next step primer and paint after the greenstufff dries

fairoaks024:

i didn’t think it needed any improvement, but that mane looks excellent.

thanks also for the link to the magam cannon seller, i’d seen a few guys on here using them, but didn’t manage to find them before, now i’ve got 2 on their way from russia!

that’s one of the great things about this forum, the knowledge and skill you guys have, and you are all very willing to share it. Since joining less than a month ago i’ve found out about YRO’s daemonsmith, Baggronnors chaos dwarfs, Clams retro-chaos dwarfs and ideas for magma cannons and Kdaii destroyers that i’d never find on other forums. Give yourselves a round of applause!

regards

jim

Samanos:

here's the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Techno-demonic-cannon-fit-for-28mm-fantasy-wargaming-/251081478007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a759f4f77

I bought 4..two for magma cannons and two for Deathshriekers...

RichardC1967
Cheers thanks for the info!

RichardC1967:

got this far…waiting for the paint to dry to continue on…I plan on dry brushing a bronze-copper mix over the green and then doing a black ink wash over that, then working on the flames part.And doing an ash waste like base theme

RichardC1967:

update…applied the bronze/metallic copper mix…next step highlight with a lighter metallic silver/gold and metallic red mix…then black ink wash and finish the flames and minor details

theforgefather:

A really good job there mate!

RichardC1967:

A really good job there mate!

theforgefather
Thanks, first time tying to get that patina'd bronze look, hopefully I don't screw up the end product...