[Archive] Next WF book revealed at Games Day

Grimstonefire:

There are two logicals reasons for the BC artwork to be in there I think.

Firstly because it might be Sam Lamont’s art book that was on display and he did the BC art (just a guess).

Secondly because BC could have a Scroll of Binding maybe?  Though why they didn’t just put that at the end of Tamurkhan with the rest I don’t know.

Hell will freeze over before the main studio releases a CD army.

Considering the time involved in sculpting, I’m guessing that after the BC, K’daai and destroyer that will probably be it for CD models until say 2013. The resources required to do even half of those models listed would take the whole team a year and a half I think.

Vogon:

@ aka_mythos. when you say downsized the book what do you mean? I’ve never bought one of the Imperial Armour books so I have nothing to properly compare it to but it does look substantial. It looks about the same thickness (i.e. number of pages) and the binding is of a much higher quality.

How does the content compare? Are the lists in the IA books more comprehensive? More or less background?

I’d be interested to know why you say it has been downsized what were you expecting in there that it no longer there?

Thanks

Vogon

Mr Saturday:

This looks fantastic. I’m loving the upcoming FW stuff. And look at that fimir!! WooT!

aka_mythos:

@ aka_mythos.  when you say downsized the book what do you mean? 

Vogon
I didn't mean in terms of quality... I mean in terms of the fact that WF originally planned for Tamurkhan to be 3 fullsized books much like FW's 40k Vrak's campaign. Now Tamurkhan is only a single book, which means it was definitely neccesary to cut a lot of content down to fit it  to a single book.

I would actually say there are aspects of the book superior to Forge World's books.

Vogon:

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers

Vogon

Ugly Green Trog:

I think it was downsized for entirely practical reasons rather than resulting from a change in creative direction.

1) Rick Priestly the creator of the idea left the company.

2) 4 books back to back from a chaos viewpoint would have got a bit old.

3) Alternate reality idea put quite a few people off.

4) Financially more beneficial to release SoM stuff as like you said its more across the board.

I think they intended to do 1 book for each of the Kurgan Emperor’s lost sons one for each power, all of them resulting in a campaign that destroyed the old world, I think they decided that they wanted to supplement the existing fluff rather than surplant it and that there is no way the Empire could feasibly withstand 4 great incursions in Karl Franz’ lifetime ( 5 if you count the Storm of Chaos/Arek Daemonbane incursion), as a result the other three were shelved and tamurkan was released as a solo job albeit with a tacked on CD army list.

KramDratta:

Don’t know if this has been posted already, but apparently the following is the ‘art’ of th K’daii Destroyer (according to Warseer, so pinch of salt time).

Time of Madness:

Yes it is.

It is on page 184 of the Tamurkhan book in the Chaos Dwarf Bestiary for the K’daai entry.

Time of Madness

ChungEssence:

That’s some good art!!

I was expecting something less 'taurus’y though