[Archive] Night Goblin Army Blog

Kera foehunter:

great job with the trolls !! but i hate that model!!

i even hate the lotr ones too. Its seem no one make a good troll

AGPO:

Fantasitc conversion work with the trolls, I’m really impressed! One thing I would point out though is that they’re going to have four identical scenic bases, maybe you could mix those up a bit with a little conversion

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

The bases are not glued on to the models, ive got some resin bases for them to go on after i have painted them

Im in the process of painting the first one as a test model

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I love the troll throwing the orc shows that a goblin may not be dangerous but his friend is

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Brand new update after a while due to my comp breaking twice in a month and a half :frowning: despite being 6 months old and having 1 month of them in the shop being repaired

New additions to the archer unit (still need to finish the fanatic group and some of the bases)

Pinky and the Brain (Guess which one is the Brain!)

Merchant:

Okay mate, I said it before - and I’ll say it again: I like your army, and the new adds is just making me wanna make an Goblin army even more…

- The concept of using the Night Goblin icon as a weapon for a giant is great, and I like that he is having a pet squig :slight_smile:

clam:

The giant looks really nice :hat off

As always awesome stuff from you. I love NG armies - but would never make one myself. Couldn’t pull my sell through painting something like 200 figs or more - but I really admire your patience for doing so.

Keep it up!

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Kera foehunter:

look great love the squids !! but i see your weak night goblin having problem with the rum barrow

i help him lighten it up for that poor fellow!

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

The Legions vast, 76 more night goblins ready to be painted (there are 4 more which are the Ltd fanatic group, waiting to be built, that will be number 4!! in the army)

GRNDL:

That is a damn big block of Gobbos. The largest one I have is 45 strong and they’re an impressive sight to me, but its some brain busting work painting and basing the little bastards! I wish you luck in that…

Kera foehunter:

holy sh-- that a lot of n g love the dwarf hammer and axes you use on them they look great

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

The first of the legions vast - painting as slow as a sedated slug :),they include updated bases which will be applied to the whole army

Kera foehunter:

o m g  !!! They look like Nuns in there Habits !!
Kera run away !!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I love the addition of the moon from the BfSP shrine thing to the giant’s weapon. Also, I really lve the colour of the squigs. I’m surprised I;ve not seen it before (or remembered it f I have seen it before). I like the stoen weapon heads from the 6th edition Dwarf weapons. Nice touch. I’ma have to look at the rest of the blog sometime. Good choice in using the fungus brew barrel to smash the enemy: after all, it’s completely toxic to the non-goblins.

Quick question: There is a squig that is about 6 times higher up than the rest. What possessed you to make that the case? Just a flight of fancy/a whim or was there more in-depth meaning behind it? Sorry, just got curious was all, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

Quick question: There is a squig that is about 6 times higher up than the rest. What possessed you to make that the case? Just a flight of fancy/a whim or was there more in-depth meaning behind it? Sorry, just got curious was all, lol :P

Hashut's Blessing
It was pretty much a flight of fancy as you say, i wanted a super bouncy squig - plus they are hard to rank up properly :)  - so i saw i had the pillar and thought, why not

Kera, RUNNN or they will put thee in a nunery!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, it’s always fun to have a random element in a cohesiv… Wait-a-minute! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, it’s good it also has practical uses :stuck_out_tongue:

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

RISE…RISE UP FROM THE DEPTHS OH NEGLECTED                            BLOG…muwahhahahaha

Any way, i thought it was time to update this blog as im on a small painting thing…damn its so early in the morning havent got a clue what im saying…anyhoos on to the new pics

got 2 of these through the post , this is the first one - also works as a size comparison to the new ngs

Progress pics

More progress pics from just tonight, added to the big Squigs eyes and completed the little squig, also started on the gobbo

GRNDL:

Looks good and I like the humourous story - that’s what NGs are all about to me. I think the filler looks kind of empty though, it could use a few more running or cringing gobboes, IMO.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

GRNDL - i did not want to much on the base as its only a 40x80mm base, there are 2 squigs, 2 night gobs and 2 shrooms though, i will prob add a few more elements in the unit though like gobbos running ect, or even a ng net team trying to catch the big squig :slight_smile: