[Archive] Ninjas vs Pirates

AGPO:

I couldn’t possibly comment on such illegal activities :wink:

Baggronor:

Clearly you people have no taste whatsoever.

Ninjas ftw :slight_smile:

Undead ninjas even more so. I have some in my samurai-themed undead :slight_smile: They pwn.

Theory_Man:

I wonder if this poll is going to eventually get more votes then the Artisan’s #1 poll…

minty:

we just need one more vote and it has:)

asheira:

NINJA! sorry kera…ninjas are better

well actualy pirates, but only Captin Jack Sparrow

Grish:

I think everyone voting for Pirates has never seen the game show Ninja Warrior. I have not seen a game show involving Pirates.

It is ridiculously difficult. Normally I would be on the side of Pirates but Ninjas need a boost here.

1) Ninjas can look like anyone or anything. Even Pirates!

2) Ninjas can beat your a$$ with their bare hands, they don’t need any mundane tools or guns.

3) The reason Pirates live out at sea? Fear of Ninjas!

If you want the ‘Pirate’ lifestyle, just go downtown and talk with a bum with rotting, falling out teeth. Then come back here and say how cool it would be if you could hang out with 20 of bums with horrible rotting breath, bleeding gums all the time. Oh and wenches? That’s only what they could afford when they put into port. Most of the time, it was a right sausage fest, which I’m not surprised some of you voted Pirates.

taylor:

I think everyone voting for Pirates has never seen the game show Ninja Warrior.  I have not seen a game show involving Pirates.

It is ridiculously difficult.  Normally I would be on the side of Pirates but Ninjas need a boost here.

1)  Ninjas can look like anyone or anything.  Even Pirates!
2)  Ninjas can beat your a$$ with their bare hands, they don't need any mundane tools or guns.
3)  The reason Pirates live out at sea?  Fear of Ninjas!

If you want the 'Pirate' lifestyle, just go downtown and talk with a bum with rotting, falling out teeth.  Then come back here and say how cool it would be if you could hang out with 20 of bums with horrible rotting breath, bleeding gums all the time.  Oh and wenches?  That's only what they could afford when they put into port.  Most of the time, it was a right sausage fest, which I'm not surprised some of you voted Pirates.

grishnakh99
Y'know. I usually don't get involved in these kinds of debates, but since Mark responded, I feel I need to clarify something about ninjas.
.. they suck.. and here's a story why.. it's long.. so bare with me.

A mutual friend of ours (we'll call him Jay.. for argument's sake) was in love with ninjas. Like - he wanted to be a ninja, and he even wore a ninja mask because he was THAT cool. He was in the park one day, and this topless guy came out of the Junction Creek, and he had a ninja-to and was using it to cut through the ferns.
Jay was immediately interested, and inquired if the man was indeed a ninja (which is a common mistake to make when you're 8 years old.. because ANYONE with a ninja weapon must indeed be a ninja). The man responded by agreeing with the young boy, and then asked him if he wanted to see his other ninja weapons at his house (oh no little Jay!!).
Jay eagerly agreed and they both headed over to the ninja's house. It was there he saw a dingy place not far from the park, and a woman (which we can all agree was probably addicted to some sort of substance) was lounging around in her underwear chronically smoking away. The man introduced Little Jay to his girlfriend, and went to his wall displaying his many different weapons.
It was then there was a knock at the door. Little Jay's dad had followed them there, and when he opened the door, Little Jay's dead punched the ninja in the face. His dad (though drunk.. not unlike most pirates) was pretty pissed off, and when they left, Jay also got the spanking of his life.

Now, I'm not implying that all ninjas are diddlers. Hell, I'm not even making an example that a drunk pirate could beat up a ninja... I'm more commenting on how stupid it was for Little Jay, who loved ninjas, to go to some strange man's house. Even at 8 years old, I think we all knew better than to talk to strange men with ninja weapons and no shirts.

So, take the story as is, but I'm going to chalk this up to a point for the pirates and a definite knock to the ninjas.

Cheers!
T.

torn:

crazy story

i forgot to mention my grandma did one of those find your family tree things, and it turns out im actually related to a pirate, a captain john coxon, who crossed panama on foot among other things which i cant remember at the moment.

some more stuff about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Coxon_(pirate)

also pirates who lose limbs get cool replacents, what do ninjas get?

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Ninja for me.

1. because pirates are always drunk and easy to sneak up on and kill.

2, ninjas are sneaky and quick

Grish:

Wow Taylor. That was one long, rambling story that had no bearing on Pirates or Ninjas. It did however burn Jay, so that adds weight to it. Still; that was no ninja. That was a pedophile.

If you think losing a limb is cool, ask taylor. Fun stuff.

taylor:

Wow Taylor.  That was one long, rambling story that had no bearing on Pirates or Ninjas.  It did however burn Jay, so that adds weight to it.  Still;  that was no ninja.  That was a pedophile.

If you think losing a limb is cool, ask taylor.  Fun stuff.

grishnakh99
hah hah. Jay burns rule. And losing digits or limbs is totally not cool.. you can replace them with hooks n' shit, but you're going to need a good supply of penicillin to fight off the infection that ensues.

WarplockMonkey:

Well, theres only one way to stop all this squabbling…

NINJA PIRATES!!!

Kera foehunter:

A true pirate ninja would kill them self do to the painof the self conflect .

asheira:

@ Warplockmonkey

the only thing better than ninja pirets is NINJA WIZARDS!!

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Pirates. They have rum. They have the “arr”. They have eyepatches and wooden legs, and huge cannons. On the other hand, ninjas have katanas. Hmm, I’ve made my choice.

minty:

no, ninja’s don’t have katanas, that was japaneese assasins

and ninja pirates are less coll than real pirates, you can’t do flips on a ship.