[Archive] Ninjas vs Pirates

AGPO:

Pin your colours to the mast in the greatest debate of all time and prepare to do battle. Who would (and indeed will) win?!?!

HEALTH WARNING: THE NINJAS vs PIRATES DEBATE HAS BEEN KNOWN TO GO ON FOR YEARS AND HAS COST MANY LIVES AS PEOPLE GET SO CAUGHT UP THEY FORGET TO EAT!

YOU hAVE BEEN WARNED

torn:

not the ol pirates vs ninjas debate again . .

pirates rule, because ninjas have never had their own songs

minty:

Pirates for he following reasons.

1: the immage everyone has of ninja’s is incorect. The art of ninjitsu is the art of stealth, no diciple that uses even a katana, nor do they have the ability to fly, flip or leap like in films, thats all fake

2: The word ninja actualy came around in the 1st world war and was used by american soldiers

3: ninja’s where stinky, poor peasants, pirates where stinky ich folk, see the advantage

4: most of the hisorical folk called ninja where either agents of the japanese rulers, or japaneese PIRATES

5. Pirates rule, we get gold, beer, wenches,ships and don’t have to listen to rules

6: arghhhh

7: are you still reading this?

8: go on, get lost, it’s finished

9: what would be awesome would be ninja piraes, oh wait:P

Willmark:

Bah this is an easy one/ Pirates! they have rum.

Kera foehunter:

pirate rules ninja always bring swords to a gun fight!!!

hal:

GRNDL:

Since I’ve actively been celebrating “International Talk like a Pirate day” for the last few years I can’t vote for Ninjas. For me, its a style issue. Its just no fun being a ninja (although I did go through a ninja phase as a kid - even taking 2 weeks of ninjutsu training from a disciple of Stephen Hayes, the real American Ninja!) but Pirates are a lot more enigmatic. Ninjas have very little distinction, IMHO. Sure, they’ve got the moves (Ashida Kim’s “Ninja Hands of Death” book is a must read) and the legacy, but unfortunately they are stuck in time.

History will remember the ninjas as a product of an oppressive feudal society that effectively died when Imperialism took over (IIRC). Sure, the ninja traditions live on, but only as a … shadow of their former selves.

Piracy, on the other hand, has been around as long as there’s been aquatic travel. The Vikings, Barbary coast, Blackbeard, Caribbean, South China seas and even to this day, pirates are very strong. One might say even stronger today. And their legacy has extended into other things - information piracy. Things have never looked better. So:

ARRRR!! Best ye bit not mess wit da pirates, lest ye be floatin’ in me bilge waters, ye scurvy dogs.

Plus: they have monkeys.

Sojourn:

Pirates. here is my reasoning.

1. Pirates have jewels and gold. sparkly things ftw.

2. As Willmark has already stated, Pirates have rum. booze ftw.

3. Pirates have better outfits. ninjas wear sock and sandals… ftl.

QED. :wink:

AGPO:

Don’t forget, pirates have wenches

Narflung:

Ninjas.

And I don’t have to justify myself like all of you pirate lovers :cheers

AGPO:

But you have to stand up for your beloved Ninjas surely?

Canix:

Ninjas because their COOL

Pirates wear blouses like big girls:P

minty:

and ninja’s wear pajama’s all the time, which just says to me they can’t be bothered to get dressed

(what am I saying, I do ninjitsu, so I’m voting against myself, though i wear a Gii not a damn, whats that word, ah pair of PJs)

AGPO:

ANGRY WHITE PAJAMAS, GGRRRR! Okay I did martial arts for six years but thats not the point…

Ingrown:

Im voting pirates, despite the fact they were all half starved and disease ridden … they’re still far cooler than ninja’s; rum, guns, the ever-popular: wenches, cannons, smoke, feathers in hats, eye patches, peg leg (thats an advantage in a fight?)

Kera foehunter:

So what your point canix  im a girl .Chaos dwarf word for slave is NINJAS

don’t forget pirates have cabin boys whooooo yaaa

Canix:

Well swash my buckle so you are! loads of my live roleplaying mates are pirates and it has spilt over into real life LOL .They dress like them ,act like them ,talk like em and drink like them .

ALL THE TIME!

Kera foehunter:

Me too. living in a river town.

Theory_Man:

Ninjas nor Pirates can match the awesomeness of Washington.

[attachment=425]

Doogle:

I voted ninjas, as I thought they needed help.

A Zombie Pirate Ninja owns all.

And also, I am willing to bet that 90% of us are computer pirates :~