[Archive] No emntion in 8th Ed

Coldblooded:

Now i don’t got mt 7th Ed book on hand, but the Chaos Dwarf at least got a paragraph or 2 mention in it. I’m sure it was too cover the few people who still had the army and play it which isn’t surprising considering CD were allowed in Ard Boyz(using the RH list), although I’d be interested in seeing how many actually entered :P, but alas, they got a mention.

I can’t seem too find any mention at all of CD in the new edition at all though, and while i hate too admit it i think it might be a permanent phase out this time around :mad (if there is a mention can someone give me a page number)

I’m really disappointed in GW, i hope they don’t do such a thing, and i would love too see the CDs make a comeback in this game, and not just as some bloody unit in the WoC book

I only own a few armies namely because only a few really interest me. But Cd are in my top 3, and makes me wish i played fantasy back when i was a kid just so i could have gotten a shot at their golden days and popularity. You can’t even find many CDs on ebay anymore(at least not for some absurd price).

One day guys, one day… :hat

Thommy H:

There are quite a few mentions actually:

• They appear in a few lines at the start of the background section, listed along with all the other armies described as readying themselves for war.

• They appear in the timeline.

• Zharr-Naggrund, the Plain of Zharr and several other Dark Lands locations appear on the appropriate maps.

• Any time there’s a picture or mention of the Hellcannon, they obviously get a mention.

So yeah.

Ronshank:

Do you mean on pg 157 bottom part of ‘A world embattled’. They only mention Blacksmiths of Chaos emerging from their citadels, ‘lava spewing golems’ what ever they are, and winged bulls marked by the father of darkness (yep they do sound like taurus’s). Thats not exactly a paragrah more a passing mention but more than you can hope for really.

As for the timeline, maps of Zharr, Hellcannon, and the Doom Engine made by Horthgar (pg 426) he’s called a renegade so this and the others match alot better with the idea of a further CD presence in the Warriors of Chaos book to me. So yes we are in the fluff and remembered with items and possible (even new) units but they seem to point more to working for Chaos Warriors. But there is lots of breathing space to keep going and expanding personally. It’s just the stats are no longer in the book. Just the same as there is no longer a tab for us on the GW websites. It could be a lot lot worse than this and it’s not that bad really. There seems to be alot of hope for us existing in some form here (just not nessicarly as it’s own army) but only time will tell.

Thommy H:

Do you mean on pg 157 bottom part of 'A world embattled'. They only mention Blacksmiths of Chaos emerging from their citadels, 'lava spewing golems' what ever they are, and winged bulls marked by the father of darkness (yep they do sound like taurus's). Thats not exactly a paragrah more a passing mention but more than you can hope for really.
I never said it was a paragraph - I was just listing all the mentions because Coldblooded said there weren't any.

Coldblooded:

Do you mean on pg 157 bottom part of 'A world embattled'. They only mention Blacksmiths of Chaos emerging from their citadels, 'lava spewing golems' what ever they are, and winged bulls marked by the father of darkness (yep they do sound like taurus's). Thats not exactly a paragrah more a passing mention but more than you can hope for really.
I never said it was a paragraph - I was just listing all the mentions because Coldblooded said there weren't any.

Thommy H
well i said i couldn't really find any, no real Lore and Fluff, yea there's a hell cannon and a map, but there's no quick story really about how they came about, of course i suppose they could have just not shown that part of the map but its not like they could rename it Giant Pink Bunny Land where the beastmen have ears or something... or can they?

Anyhow i pray they come too their senses and release hashut upon the world once again

Thommy H:

but there's no quick story really about how they came about,
Yes there is: check the timeline.
and release hashut upon the world once again
"In the Dark Lands, the blacksmiths of Chaos emerge from their citadels. Amongst them come lava-spewing golems and vast winged bulls branded with the mark of the Father of Darkness" - RBRB, page 157

"Forsaken by their people and their gods, the eastern Dwarfs turn to the worship of the Father of Darkness, Hashut." - RBRB, page 174

Seriously: I know we all enjoy the martyr act around here, but they actually are mentioned. They get as much attention as some things which actually have rules in current Armies books (can anyone find anything put a passing reference to the Slayer cult?).

Vash:

i would then rather hope that the rumored “forgeworld fantasy division” does chaos dwarfs… that way, we know for sure that the models will be awesome, the book that accompanies them will be awesome and that every large and fancy monster/construction gets a cool model… and gets so expensive that converting them is still the better possibility.

i’ve bought 4 imperial armour books and those are always really good, lots of fluff. i can only hope they do the same for fantasy

Xander:

And as for those who point out that our stats lines are not present. The same was the case for the 6th edition rulebook.

I am actually quite pleased at the mentions.

And the fact that Hothgar went renegade and allied with Chaos and then returned to Zharr Zaggrund, makes for a strong case that Chaos Dwarfs are very much independent of Chaos (otherwise going renegade wouldn’t make any sense).