[Archive] Non-FW Fireglaives?

Groznit Goregut:

Hi All,

I’ve seen a lot of nifty conversions on this website. I’ve not seen one for making Fire Glaives, though. I can’t afford the GW ones. Anyone know any good ideas for making some? I’d especially like to do it out of Big Hats.

I’ve thought that maybe I can take the mono-pose Big Hats with the big ax and replace the top and bottoms with rifle bits. Add a barrel to the top and a stock below the hand. Thoughts?

Skink:

Or you can use the old 6th edition dwarf warriors. They have arms made to hold great weapons, instead of gluing an axe you can glue a rifle. There’s plenty of tutorials in the forum that explain how to sculpt curly beards.

frogbear:

I've thought that maybe I can take the mono-pose Big Hats with the big ax and replace the top and bottoms with rifle bits. Add a barrel to the top and a stock below the hand. Thoughts?
That is an awesome idea! So good in fact that i am going to try it!

Much better and easier than cutting up 20 CD to try and make them fit. :)

Da Crusha:

Ive seen a unit of 3rd edition handgunners with an axehead added under the barrel of the gun. you can try the same thing with 6th or 7th edition plastic dwarfs.

furrie:

I’ve used the big hat blunderbusses with the necron doomsday ark guns. click here for an example

Hashut’s Blessing:

Why not the original method of convertin big hats (to satisfy big hat love) - current Dwarfs, remove helm frm eyebrows up, add push pin. You can sculpt a new beard if you desire as well.

As for the fireglave - buy thunderers, give them rifles and use the axe heads on the barrel of the rifles…

Groznit Goregut:

I've used the big hat blunderbusses with the necron doomsday ark guns. click here for an example

furrie
THOSE LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I really like the look of those. Great job!

Unfortunately, I don't have any Blunderbuss.

@Hashut's Blessing: That's my fall back, but I think it just looks OK.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s the cheapest and quickest way - the one that I’d considered is actual ironbreakers using the dwarf thunderer rms with axe blades attached, add a little sholder armour, switch the beards and you’re good to go. The ironbreaker champion’s head has a bit of a hat as well (looks at avatar) - I think that’s the champion head anyway. Hold on, used the musician body, got the standard bearer intact, chopped up champion - yep, champion’s head.

Groznit Goregut:

It's the cheapest and quickest way - the one that I'd considered is actual ironbreakers using the dwarf thunderer rms with axe blades attached, add a little sholder armour, switch the beards and you're good to go. The ironbreaker champion's head has a bit of a hat as well (looks at avatar) - I think that's the champion head anyway. Hold on, used the musician body, got the standard bearer intact, chopped up champion - yep, champion's head.

Hashut's Blessing
That sounds good. I did go and look at tjub's blog for inspiration. Man, that guy is good! if I can make faces that aren't too bad, I think I can do it. I also went through some of my bits looking for Goblin-to-Hobgoblin stuff and found 6 Mantic Abyssal Dwarf heads. I am using them in my army and would be happy to try them on the BfSP Thunderers. I prefer Big Hats, but.....I am lazy! :P

Kera foehunter:

If you play golf Mr. Goregut . The golf tees make a cool blunder buss and tall hat

add that to your bfsp thunderers

that’s my 2 cents

Stiglitz:

I am tihinking about fireglaives, too.

One option would be Kroot longrifles, I think. They are pretty similar to the FW fireglaives.

Another option would be glueing axe blades unter the barrel. In addition I would glue the necron weapon tops (quite similar to the FW top) or the chaos weapon mounts to the top of the barrel.

In the end, I think that Kroot longrifles and the original FW fireglaives look too futuristic… I think chaos weapon mounts and axe blades would make better fireglaives…

Da Crusha:

If you play golf  Mr. Goregut .   The golf tees make a cool blunder buss and tall hat
add that to your  bfsp  thunderers
that's my 2 cents

Kera foehunter
that is a good idea! I always had trouble finding a good barrel for a blunderbuss.