[Archive] Offhand comments?

KramDratta:

In today’s “What’s New Today?” article, the Chaos Dwarf captain is introduced with the following comment:

"As many of you will have noticed by now, Tordrek is a Chaos Dwarf - a rare occurrence around these parts,"

Is it just me, or is the author acknowledging the fact that Chaos Dwarfs are seldomly mentioned on the website ???

Also, another comment below the Kraken images, seems to point out that this Chaos Dwarf is a Dwarf corrupted by Chaos & not a normal Chaos Dwarf

"The metallic monstrosity has but one crewman, Captain Hackhart himself, a once-proud Dwarf whose soul was taken by the dark powers many moons ago."

Am I reading too much into this??

Murdock129:

Wel I think on the first point your probably right, but on the corrupted thing, I dunno but I always thought corrupted Chaos Dwarfs were as legit as regular Chaos Dwarfs and that most dwarfs are probably corrupted by Hashut anyway, I mean you can have an Empire man fall to chaos and be a warrior of chaos and he’s considered as normal a warrior of chaos as if he was born into a chaos worshipping tribe

lostmember:

If a Dwarf falls to the Gods of Chaos, surely he doesn’t have the be a ‘scion’ of Hashut?

Vogon:

Having read the fluff for the kraken at Games Day the captain is the only crew member and is effectively immortal, he and the ship are daemonically possessed. He was a dwarf engineer of great renown amongst the clans from before the dwarf/chaos dwarf split who was exiled after trying to kill his rival shipwright with what sounded like a rivet gun. So from my reading he is not a “Chaos Dwarf” but a “Chaos” Dwarf if you take my meaning.

gIL^:

Having read the fluff for the kraken at Games Day the captain is the only crew member and is effectively immortal, he and the ship are daemonically possessed.  He was a dwarf engineer of great renown amongst the clans from before the dwarf/chaos dwarf split who was exiled after trying to kill his rival shipwright with what sounded like a rivet gun.  So from my reading he is not a "Chaos Dwarf" but a "Chaos" Dwarf if you take my meaning.

Vogon
Well we all knew both would exist and that makes the fluff more exiting.

Like would this dwarf that fell to chaos be welcomed in the dark lands? Or would he be seen as just another stuntie that abandoned them to the wastes of the dark lands?

Admiral:

Well we all knew both would exist and that makes the fluff more exiting.

Like would this dwarf that fell to chaos be welcomed in the dark lands? Or would he be seen as just another stuntie that abandoned them to the wastes of the dark lands?

gIL^
I've wondered that, too. Until I've read the Dreadfleet rulebook, I'll imagine that he have joined the Dawi Zharr, or in some way cooperates with them. That many cannons are not going to produce their own ammunition. Also, certain parts of the Black Kraken bears a distinct Chaos Dwarf design, such as the exhaust vents (blunderbuss shaped, with lightning bolts) and the large icon - compare it to the Hellcannon's front symbol.

I'm going to convert Tordrek Hackhart for my CDs in any case.

Bronze Bull:

The Chaos Dwarfs would have a pretty formidable navy with their manufacturing resources. Aren’t they situated along a river leading to a sea port?