[Archive] Ogre Bulls into Minotaurs?

Joshmohr:

Am i the only one thinking about this? $45 for 3 minotaurs is a rip off? What if we added a little GS fur to the ogres, and added horns+ a snout. (Maybe cut of the heads of wolfs?) It’d be much cheaper, and more unique.

Whats your opinion? Now GW is selling things at half unit size, you have to pay $5 more for a somewhat full unit.

Bolg:

I say go for it! If you can make a cheap and original conversion there is no reason to not do it. saving money on models by making inventive new models is the best reason for any conversion.
[edit] oh and show us lots of process pictures lots![/edit]

Thorne:

Like Bolg I’d say go for it I did consider at one point getting the army box and converting the whole lot into minotaurs but I doubt I would have the expertice to do the job.

Joshmohr:

then you’d have quite a few extra gnoblar- But i think i might give it a try! Ill sand off the face of one ogre, and add half a wolf head, just to test it out. Hopefully it’ll work!

dncswlf:

I can see that working really well! though with a wolfs head you may end up with more werewolf looking pieces… which isn’t necessarily a bad thing… beastmen being an amalgamation of mutated things from the woods… they’d look really cool! and you could always use the gnoblar as goblins/hobgoblins… ha!

just a thought a cheap source of bull heads if you wanted one is craft store diorama figures… get a farm pack with cows! instant bull faces! just cut the mouth a little and GS a bottom jaw in or something…

snowblizz:

It can certainly be done.

I’ve seen a set of Pigotaurs (so named because they used Boar heads).

The question is will they fit the theme one chooses.

Thorne:

It can certainly be done.

I've seen a set of Pigotaurs (so named because they used Boar heads).

The question is will they fit the theme one chooses.

snowblizz
Pigotaurs would be awesome ! they have the more middle age spread one would associate with a sedantory lifestyle all they would need then was a TV launcher !

snowblizz:

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=4171

A bit down in the thread.

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=17427

A very good one.

Thorne:

hey those horse heads really do look the bussiness when it comes to Minotaurs !

dncswlf:

Wow, I love the pigotaurs! those are great converts! nice looking army…

Zanko:

The Pigotaurs are not mine but the selfmade Minotaurus is great! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ Joshmore: I’m not sure about your primary idea … but just try to make a Mino like in the links snowblizz posted! :~

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

I was thinking on using the 3 minotaurs as chaos ogres ogres