[Archive] Ogre Kingdoms who has them?

Kera foehunter:

Chaos ogres for the win which I know Xander hates on all the time ;)

Willmark
i think your wronge !!! The ogre Kindom is a great up date to the plain old
ugly ogre thenwith kera majic touch !! they are freaking great
and are the best ever ever:yar

GRNDL:

Sounds like Kera got into the rum/cookie jar again.

speedygogo:

I’ve played Ogres since they came out. They are a fun army. The problem nowadays is that it is difficult to even be competative with them against power lists.

Kera foehunter:

well like all army wait to the update !! the ogre will be a better army !!

kera eats her last rum cookie from the jar

Baggronor:

The problem nowadays is that it is difficult to even be competative with them against power lists.
Even against non-power lists, they are at a significant disadvantage, and were right from release. I remember a mate of mine saying 'OK need an update' as a joke 3 months after they were out.

Kera foehunter:

i think there still a tought army to beat with the bull charge and the gutmagic

yetis move at a 7 gorger unbreable

Baggronor:

i think there still a tought army to beat with the bull charge and the gutmagic
yetis move at a 7 gorger unbreable
Problem is, you can always negate the bull charge by moving to within 6" and its hard to stop people doing that once they figure it out. When they redo OKs I reckon they will make it work regardless of how far the ogres charge.

Gut magic is handy as the casting values are low, but the miscasts are harsh. Very harsh.

Yetis and gorgers rock :)

The Brain:

In the right hands Ogres rock. I have an army of them and I play against them on a regular basis. It is not always as easy as you think to take away the pull charge they move 6, and march 12. All they have to be is more than 3 inches away for the Bull charge. It is tough for dwarfs, especially CD who are not relentless, to move close enough to block it. Also Rhinox cav are the next best thing to Bull Centaurs.

Kera foehunter:

i still think they can put the smack down on other army !! wait till the rules are updated

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I have an army Box of them and 2 Gorgers and the Tyrant. I didn’t get a chance to finish painting these guys yet.  However, I recently sold my Ogre Kingdoms book to a customer of mine and then realized I needed it. So i’m waiting to place a new order with GW for another OK book.

Additional : I continued painting 5 of my Bulls that I started over 1 year ago and almost compleated them. Having fun with it! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

That cool mr t !! i have not took a year on mine yet just since February

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, I put them in the box when I started converting the BFSP Dwarfs and Goblins into my CD army. I also have 5 Black Orcs to do.

As far as the 5 Bulls go, I finished them last night with the exception to their banner and their bases. I’m using The Maw as a banner and I painted it copper. Once I finish painting it, then that unit will be done, ready to fight! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

Mine are close too !! need to paint them but i got some cool pirate ogres

AGPO:

Ogres are a difficult army to command. i have a small force but more asa modelling project than anything else

Kera foehunter:

so you use them as dow ?? or a small 500pt or less agpo

Patrikson:

I dont have any Ogre minis but i might get some

P.S: GNOBLARS RULE!

Father Grumpmas:

I have an army of the Gutboyz.

Fun to play and can still be quite nasty against some armies. Most players are wise to the MSU tactic these days.

Gnoblars do indeed rock.

Neil:

I too have an Ogre Kingdoms army. They can be a challenge to use, but that is one of the reasons that I bought them. I thought that it might improve my general warhammer abilities (that and I couldn’t resist the idea of a Tyrant pounding opposition characters into the floor:)). They can be hard work to win with, but its satisfying when you do.

Also I like the models, they are fairly easy to paint, fun to play, relatively cheap, and not so heavy/bulky to carry around.

Most players are wise to the MSU tactic these days.

Father Grumpmas
Have you been over to the Ogre Stonghold website? As you would expect they are always trying out new tactics. The latest one is taking no Butchers and loading up on fighty characters intstead. Then piling them all into Maneater/Irongut deathstar units. The Ogres high movement makes them hard to avoid, and if they do get out of position you can use the high movement of the characeters to leave the unit and join a nearby one. I have to say that I have struggled to make this work for me, but it might be worth a look at the Stronghold if you are after new some ideas.

http://www.ogrestronghold.com/forum/

Willmark:

Ogre Deathstar, Earthshaker. Earthshaker, Ogre Deathstar. Get well aquainted with each other. :slight_smile: