[Archive] Oh yes there will be lava.(update)

Karring:

How did you make the streams?

The horizontal smoke stream of Iron Daemon may be vertical, I think, cause smoke goes up.

Good job.

Bolg:

Are you bringing these to the Tournament in Lijden?

samael:

How did you make the streams?

Karring
Oh thats easy.
Form some Woodlands Scenics foliage Clusters (or another brand) around a piece of iron wire (of the apropriate length and thickness) use superglue for this part.
Next: saturate the whole thing with thinned down pve glue (the white stuf) and let it dry thoroughly (it closes the foliage making it harder and easy to paint).

For smoke: spraypaint the whole thing black and then go over it again with normal black paint to make it realy dark (and to get at those spots you allways miss) and then work upwaarts with greys to white., then you can put some "firespots"in there with some yellow working up to reds .

For fire: spraypaint the whole thing white and then go over it again with normal white paint, then build the flame up starting with yellow through reds and then scorched brown (don't know the new name) and end wit a bit of black for the final "highlight"
The horizontal smoke stream of Iron Daemon may be vertical, I think, cause smoke goes up.

Karring

True but this smoke comes from the twin guns firing at that moment, so the smoke hasn't had time to disperse upwards yet due to the force behind it (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)  )
Good job.  

Karring
Thanks.
Are you bringing these to  the Tournament in Lijden?

Bolg
Not going to Lijden (at least not as far as I know ...yet..) and this army is scheduled for next year, it's skaven for now....I am allowed to mention them here right ?  :)

Lava Lord:

Those are beautiful pieces. I hope mine turn out as good… :hat off

samael:

Wow thanks guys, always nice to hear that people like your stuff.

Next my lvl 2 (lore of fire) Daemonsmith, complete with mechanical arms to maintain the warmachines.

He looks a bit crowded with the extra arms/machinery and a fireball but I do think that it works well together.

samael:

I can see your problem.

I’ll try to make a better overview picture of the little guy so you can see him as a whole an not as these 4

samael:

Finally my first proper unit finished, 30 blunderbusses.

Also a piccie of all the guys in the band together. Next some hobgobbos I think.

DAGabriel:

Nice work, I am dreading to start on mine. Well, some more 3rd ed ones to go before the time comes.

Da Crusha:

very nice work on your army. I love the flames and smoke plumes.

Ravenswood:

Great work! Very inpresed

samael:

Cheers guys. Here’s a quick testmodel for my 30 hobgobbos, I’m happy with it as it is so 29 more to go like this.

Skink:

Hey I missed your last updates!!! The Blunderbuss horde is incredible, and the Hobbos are going to look sexy as well :slight_smile:

DAGabriel:

You are really involved in fire and flames, aren`t you? Looking good even if a little clean for hobgoblins!

samael:

You are really involved in fire and flames, aren`t you? Looking good even if a little clean for hobgoblins!

DAGabriel
hehe I feel a little bit of a theme is important if only for taking the guys to tournaments, they tend to love themes and a bit of uniformity (soft scores for teh win ;) ).
That and I've been doing skaven for the last 1,5 years (grime are us) and before that Dark Elves (one big gorefest) time for something realtively clean I thought. :)

Admiral:

You’ve not enough rock on the Chaos Dwarfs’ bases, but otherwise the army is looking fine. Especially the Hobgobbo Sneaky Git!

samael:

Long time no update, but I’ve done some work on my hobgobs and on a unit of renders.

The banners are still a work in progress but I’ve finished everything else enough to do some piccies.

Hope you enjoy it.

DAGabriel:

Lovely. Great work, especially like these double bases.

Personally I would have darkened down the armor a bit, but that is a question of taste.

samael:

They came out a bit lighter in the piccies than they actually are in real life. I would blame the camera if I wasn’t acutely aware of my inadequate camera skills. :slight_smile:

Skink:

This is turning out to be an awesome army!!!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I like the molten rock effect of your bases but honestly, you may want to rebase those bull centaurs.  They are each perched on their own little rectangle of rock and it stands out enough to look completely un-natural and detracts quite a bit from an otherwise decently painted model.