[Archive] Old Chaos Dwarf Player, New List 2500pts

phille:

I’ve been playing Chaos Dwarfs for about five years, and for the most part, I have a 50-50 win loss ratio.  Recently, I’ve attempted to completely change the way that I play by using odd formations.  My newest one is sort of a “U” formation.  It’s also necessitated a slightly different list, and I’d like some input if you guys could.

Here is the List:

Lord:
(1)Chaos Dwarf Lord, Armor of the Furnace, Black Hammer of Hashut, shield [213pts]

Heroes:
(2)Chaos Dwarf Hero, Armor of Gazrakh, Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the cruel, Battle Standard  [135pts]

(3)Bull Centaur Hero, heavy armor, enchanted shield, sword of might [139pts]

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer, level 1, 2 dispel scrolls [115pts]

Core:
(1) 26 Chaos Dwarfs, full command [264pts]

(2) 26 Chaos Dwarfs, full command [264pts]

(3) 25 Chaos Dwarfs, full command [255pts]

10 Hobgoblins [20pts]

10 Hobgoblins [20pts]

10 Hobgoblins [20pts]

10 Hobgoblins, wolves, light armor, shields, musician [140pts]

Special:
27 Orcs, shields, full command [192pts]

27 Orcs, shields, full command [192pts]

2 Bolt Throwers [60pts]

2 Bolt Throwers [60pts]

Rare:
Earth Shaker [110pts]

11 Bull Centaurs, heavy armor, great weapons, full command, warbanner [301pts]

2500pts/2500pts

Battle Formation:

It looks something like this, with the Orcs on the far ends & the dwarfs as the bottom part of the “U” and Hobgoblins in the center.  Bull Centaurs and Hobgoblin Wolf Riders are aligned with the flank that my opponent places their cavalry.  If they place cavalry on both flanks, one half of the “U” stays in “U” formation (this side will retain the Bull Centaurs & Wolf riders) and the other will horizontally in a “normal” formation.

[forest]              

ross_lionheart:

I've been playing Chaos Dwarfs for about five years, and for the most part, I have a 50-50 win loss ratio.  Recently, I've attempted to completely change the way that I play by using odd formations.  My newest one is sort of a "U" formation.  It's also necessitated a slightly different list, and I'd like some input if you guys could.

phille
Hi,

Personally if you want to win more I'd scrap the idea of using a lord on foot as anyone with common sence will ignore him and with his M3 he will struggle to get into combat.

I'd suggest using a sorcerer lord alongside 2-3 level 2 sorcerers armed with power stones.  This should enable you to overwelm your opponenet during the magic phase.  The lore of shadown on your lord will allow your units to get into combat.

You have alot of close combat orenatated units that will not win via kills but instead rely on combat res.  So I'd suggest that you hold up your opponenets units with your CD warrior blocks and then stike them in the flank/rear with orcs armed with 2 choppa's.  Please note I personally use orc big un's instead of standard orcs as with stats equal to your cd warriors and 2 s5 attacks each during the first round of combat they can cripple any unit.

Also your hobgoblins are your biggest advantage, if possible field as many as them as you can..If I could I would field 5-6 units of 25, at 2 points they are the best cannon fodder in the game. When your opponent is fixated on them they will provide a shield for your chaos dwarfs..