[Archive] Once upon a time, in the Dark Lands

Kamphre:

Thanks for your kind comments!

I am stealing your centaur idea! They look perfect. And they come with great weapons too!

Does anyone know if the marauder horses have their heads as separate bits?
Chaos knight bodies look cooler, but the marauders are cheaper.

GDD
The armor helps a lot to make a “natural” junction between the two parts. I think it will be harder to do with a Marauder horse, the sculpting is more complex. My talents are not high enough to make the attempt.
But feel free to reuse the idea. It’s an honor to be copied! :slight_smile:

Bloodbeard:

Thanks for your kind comments!
I am stealing your centaur idea! They look perfect. And they come with great weapons too!

Does anyone know if the marauder horses have their heads as separate bits?
Chaos knight bodies look cooler, but the marauders are cheaper.

GDD
The armor helps a lot to make a "natural" junction between the two parts. I think it will be harder to do with a Marauder horse, the sculpting is more complex. My talents are not high enough to make the attempt.
But feel free to reuse the idea. It's an honor to be copied! :-)

Kamphre
Seen maruader horse used for centigors. They are a lot slimmer and require bdtter green stuff work at the junction. Plus bull centaurs should have armor.

Chaos knight horses aren't that expensivd bought at a bits store. Horses are 1£ normally. And my store 'bits n kits' has 33% or 50% more than once a month. So really cheap.

GDD:

Seen maruader horse used for centigors. They are a lot slimmer and require better green stuff work at the junction. Plus bull centaurs should have armor.

Chaos knight horses aren't that expensive bought at a bits store. Horses are 1£ normally. And my store 'bits n kits' has 33% or 50% more than once a month. So really cheap.

Bloodbeard
I agree. I'm buying chaos knights. Buying mantic ogres and chaos knights is still cheaper than 6 chinese bull centaurs!
And these guys have greatweapons.

Sadly I don't know about any bits store around Oslo, or in Norway for that matter. Will google this.

GDD:

It's an honor to be copied! :-)

Kamphre
I am glad you think that way :cheers
I've been looking for alternatives for quite a while now, and I think you struck gold with this.

From the look of your pictures they look fantastic!

gIL^:

What is the size comparison of those mantic goblins to say GW hobgoblins or Skaven?

Fuggit Khan:

Your bases are BEAUTIFUL…what brand of crackle paint did you use?

Admiral:

Nice conversions, bases and paintjob! Your army will have a unique look. :slight_smile:

Kamphre:

@gIL^ : I’ll make you a photo, I have some old metal hobgoblins.

@Fuggit Khan : Thanks! I would like something different that the lava bases, but still chaotic.

I liked what Khaas did on his bases : link to his blog, unfortunately some pics have disappeared. Same technique was presented in this tuto, on CDO, made by Jake.

Here’s some paint found on Ebay. I paid mine £2.65.

I made a mistake because I took a silver colour, but once basecoated in black, it’s not a problem anymore.

@Admiral : Paintjob is not my favourite… But I choose this army because I like to convert (and dwarfs !). This site is a gold mine for someone like me! :wink:

Kamphre:

@gIL^ : Here is your scale photo :

I received my Titan Forge war machines this week-end. I started to assemble them. A small wash on hot water with soap because it’s made in resin and they are basecoated. But because you would have missed the details, here they were before :

I will have 2 magma cannons like this one:

A dwarf rune priest for scale:

And a deathshrieker :

Same dwarf :

tjub:

Looks great, I might have to get them in the future! When will their troops be available?

JMR:

Wow, I’m surprised they’re already delivered. That was a smooth kickstarter.

Kamphre:

@tjub : Unfortunately, I don’t know when they’ll be available. I know that they are still working on some units, and that they struggle to send orders to backers.

@JMR : Everything is not available actually. I could get my order because I asked only released minis.

@Herby : The magma cannon is the same size as the last metal dwarf cannon. This one (not mine) :

The rocket launcher is almost the same, because the bottom part is the same for every war machine.
FW machines are very big! :wink:

Fuggit Khan:

They look good. I really like them. Boy but they are small! I thought that they were way bigger. Much bigger.

Herby
My exact thoughts as well...for some reason I was thinking they were Hellcannon size. But I like them! They look like really clean casts with good detail too. Nice additions to an army :cheers
...I'm curious, how many cast parts make up each war machine?

Admiral:

Nice casts! The relatively small size is a relief, because that’ll make them easier to use as fortification batteries in the future. :slight_smile:

Kamphre:

Herby, here is a photo with every pieces for the generic part of the war machine, on the bottom :

- top left, the 4 “legs”

- Middle left, the gear

- bottom left, the engine

- on the right, the “pilot”

From top to bottom : head, body, arms, legs, levers.

- the middle part “pin” (sorry, couldn’t find a right term for this) the pilot to the gear

Depending on the warmachine, the number of pieces vary :

- 2 for magma cannon

- 4 for rocket launcher (3 rockets and the support)

- 3 for gatling gun (2 guns and the middle part)

Chaosftw:

Love the artillery… I only wish I could somehow get my hands on some :frowning:

MORE PAINT!!! lol!!

Kamphre:

Time for an update !

I spend a big part of my hobby time to paint as I don’t want to end with a never painted army, like my last army collected…

I have now 30 hobgoblins done (I need to take a pic or two).

Here is the war machines shown before. I admit I’ve been lazy :smiley:

The deathshrieker :

The Magma cannon :

I also finished my first Centaur (but I forget his eye patch) ! :slight_smile:

I can’t show you the next war machine as it will be visible on the Golden Hat XXI.

Actually, on my todo queue, there is (ordered by priority) :

- paint two more centaurs ;

- paint 10 more hobgoblins ;

- next, maybe convert my khans or paint my sorcerer. If by any chance Avatars of War release and ship their Doomcrushers in time, I will have 30 Iron guard to convert…

Doombeard:

awesome bases , the crackle paint works really nicely

Ben Saunders:

Nice centaurs. I don’t like the Mantic Ogres much, but they do look better without the tiny legs.

Abecedar:

I am very impressed with your bull centaurs. Consider the idea stolen for if I ever expand my BC collection.