[Archive] Opinions on the new FW Taur'ruk

Sticklander:

Hello!

The new bull centaur Taur’ruk has been available for a week or so now, and I was curious as to how those who have bought it feel about him? (i presume he’s a him, otherwise I’d like to apologise to her, and congratulate her on her beard)

Also, has anyone had a chance to try him out on the battlefield?

Personally, having only just assembled him, I think he looks fantastic! I already love bull centaurs, and this one is noticeably larger than his 4th era cousins.

[align=center]

He gives my regular troops short dwarf syndrome, and that’s quite an accomplishment…[/align]

I cannot wait to see how he looks painted, and now find myself incredibly tempted to buy the other Forge World bull centaurs.

gIL^:

I wonder if Bull centaur renders could be converted into giants.

Yodrin:

I am a big fan of the FW BC, and I also think the taur’ruk looks awesome!!

Skink:

This thought just hit me:

Some people already found a cheap and effective way to convert 2 Bullcentaurs out of 6 with Great Weapons. Standard Bearer and Musician are very easy to convert as well (using the Mino kit). Use this guy as a Champion and finally you can field a GW wielding Bull Centaur Unit complete with command. Quite on the expensive side but… Must look amazing.

Bolg:

I just want to say I hope the next Golden hat is the Tau’rukk I would love to build one for my army too.

Sticklander:

I wonder if Bull centaur renders could be converted into giants.

gIL^
They're just about smaller than a regular GW giant, but I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt at it.
Some people already found a cheap and effective way to convert 2 Bullcentaurs out of 6 with Great Weapons. Standard Bearer and Musician are very easy to convert as well (using the Mino kit). Use this guy as a Champion and finally you can field a GW wielding Bull Centaur Unit complete with command. Quite on the expensive side but... Must look amazing.

Skink
When it comes to this hobby, I try to forget about costs.. Though it is very hard to.
The Taur'ruk certainly looks great with his great weapon, so a whole unit with similar weapons would be a terrifying sight.
I just want to say I hope the next Golden hat is the Tau'rukk I would love to build one for my army too.

Bolg
I agree, I'd like to see what people would come up with! Plus, it would push me to paint it before everything else I have lined up! :D

bigbadbo:

Some people already found a cheap and effective way to convert 2 Bullcentaurs out of 6 with Great Weapons. Standard Bearer and Musician are very easy to convert as well (using the Mino kit). Use this guy as a Champion and finally you can field a GW wielding Bull Centaur Unit complete with command. Quite on the expensive side but... Must look amazing.

Skink
Hey,

Do you mind posting the details for this conversion please?

Skink:

Skink
Hey,

bigbadbo
Sure, here you go:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13164

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3630&page=last

bigbadbo:

Skink
Hey,

bigbadbo
Sure, here you go:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13164

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3630&page=last

Skink
Thank you, I will be taking this project on board! :-)