[Archive] Orcs and Gobbos for my Warband...the first 5

Blue in VT:

So I wanted to share with you the first few models in what I hope will become a regularly updated thread about the Green skin contingent of my CD warband.  My (mental) fluff has my Chaos Dwarfs enlisting (read: enslaving) several tribes of Eastern Orcs and Gobbos into their army…it adds a fun amount of flavor and variation to my small force…plus I get an excuse to collect the fantastic Marauder and GW sculpts from the 3rd edition era that I grew up with.

So here are the first 5

I have a Standard bearer almost ready to go with these guys as well…just have to settle on a banner design and finish his base.

I hope to have more in the relatively near future!

Cheers…:hat off

Blue

zobo1942:

Wow - those look great! I love the way the colours you use to paint your miniatures are so vibrant and saturated!

Piachu:

Wow, man. Juicy chunks here ! :cheers

I apprecieate your painting :hat off

dncswlf:

yup… that does it! wicked sculpts, awesome paint jobs… doesn’t get any better…

tjub:

Awesome models and good painting!

Zanko:

I love these old models!

Great paintjob … as usual! :wink:

I’m eager to see more of your stuff! :smiley:

:hashut

Bolg:

Great paint job! looking fw to more pictures.

Also a big fan of the old miniatures, great to see them painted up as cool as this. keep up the good work.

G.2:

Great work on those orks. They are from an era, that I personally love. They are EXACTLY what I expect from ‘little toy soldiers’, they are neither too fancy, neither too static - basically just right amount of simplicity.

That shade of red that you have used is just the right shade - I love it. I am not so sure about the blue pants/pantaloons. I keep thinking they are wearing jeans, but that is just me and my interpretation.

clam:

Awesome looking warband. Hopefully there will be much more like these.

Love the skin - and you got to let me know exactly how to …! - please :slight_smile:

Bassman:

Great Miniatures! Compliments for your painting and miniature choice. I believe that range of Ords (and Orks) were the best produced by GW. They are so happy :smiley:

Necrotique:

Mate, you are from 'Eavy Metal, right? Those look brilliant!!! :o

Not much I can say that hasn’t already been said, but they’re amazing!

:cheers

Blue in VT:

Many thanks all…:hat off Marauder sculpts are fun to paint and keep me motivated…which in important when you have that many scales to paint…:o

Wow - those look great! I love the way the colours you use to paint your miniatures are so vibrant and saturated!

zobo1942
thanks! my style lead toward the “cartoony” my troops are never dirty or even bloody…not everyone likes it but it works for me.
Awesome looking warband. Hopefully there will be much more like these.

Love the skin - and you got to let me know exactly how to …! - please :slight_smile:

clam
Sure I did promise that didn’t I? Lets see it was fairly simple…As always I base coated black then painbted the flesh area with Vallejo Panzer Aces 334 German TkCr I (Feldgrau) then washed with Bababad (sp) black wash then hit it With the 334 again…after that I mixed in some GW Goblin Green for a mid level highlight…mine is ancient…from the early 90’s…so i don’t know if the color is the same today…and finally straight Goblin Green. I thought about 1 more highlight but felt it would be entering the neon green color I was trying to avoid.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Blue

:hat off

Borador:

Looking awesome!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

mrsaturday:

Ooo, God damn, they’re beautiful. The Marauder orcs are lovely, and you’ve done a masterful job on them. Nothing like seeing classic models painted to modern high standards.

aka_mythos:

I really like these… I wish GW still made orcs like that.

Blue in VT:

:hat off

So a long time between updates…:~…but I’ve finally managed to get a group of 9 of these Orcs done…Bringing me up to 14…here is a Group shot…check my blog for more detail shots

Cheers!

Blue

clam:

So S…W…E…E…T! :hat off

Now, please start painting a beast, will ya’?

Bolg:

That is one beautiful unit. thanx for sharing, I love ogling beautiful model pics (:

(And I’ll check my bits box, I might have one or 2 of those skull shields)

wallacer:

Stunning.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Threadbare:

Great stuff. Any ideas for that empty banner pole? :wink: