[Archive] Painting Dwarf Skin?

Groznit Goregut:

Hi All,

I’ve got years of painting Greenskins and I’ve got a great recipe for them. I have almost zero experience in painting any other kind of flesh. I have no concept of how to do it.

I bought a bunch of the new GW flesh colors as I’ve found the new GW paints superior to the previous line. I’ve base coated all dwarf flesh with Bugman’s Glow. I’ve then put on a coat of Ogryn Wash as I’ve not used it all up (not painting pink flesh). What next? I have the new flesh colors. Any advice on how to do it?

Da Crusha:

a fast and easy way is to use elf flesh and wash with devlun mud and then highlight with elf flesh again. those are all of the old paint colors I know.

Kera foehunter:

sweetie If you want regular dwarf like western dwarf flesh
Tan flesh dwarf flesh and elf flesh  use  Ogryn Wash . This is what most people use for the western dwarfs.
chaos dwarfs
i use is Dheneb stone  wash with ggren wash  high light with white the water down Ogren wash
again

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Compliments of Bugman’s Brewery

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?99163-How-to-paint-faces-and-skin

I have tried to find a good recipe for a greyish skin tone but I’ve yet to find one I’m actually happy with. Still, the how to paint a face article is great. Especially if you want to go for the vanilla-dwarf look.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Mad Dave:

Grim that link is awesome I’ve spent hours looking for something like that when i first started out.

I tend to use a nice simple set of color’s Bugmans glow as base, then wash of reikland flesh shade, first layer cadian flesh tone, and lastly kislev flesh as final layer. i know its abit basic maybe next year i’ll try something a bit more complex from Grims link :slight_smile: not sure what they are called in the old style pots etc.

Groznit Goregut:

That’s awesome! Thanks! It’s more than I was hoping for, but exactly what I need.