[Archive] Painting Realistic Flames

Skink:

Ever seen this or this? Ever browsed this gallery?

Want to reproduce the same effect on your Chaos Dwarfs? The guy who painted the flames above wrote a tutorial. Now get to the painting table!

Bloodbeard:

Would like to see that guys skill on some fireheavy k’daii.

Admiral:

Nice find, Skink!

Is it just me, or is there a large gap between the quality of the Knight Titan’s flames and the rest of his collection? The other miniatures have very nice flames, but even so, that Knight’s flames are bounds and leaps in head of everything else. I’d also like to see his try on K’daai.

Dînadan:

Nice find, Skink!

Is it just me, or is there a large gap between the quality of the Knight Titan's flames and the rest of his collection? The other miniatures have very nice flames, but even so, that Knight's flames are bounds and leaps in head of everything else. I'd also like to see his try on K'daai.

Admiral
Could be one or both of two things:

1) Knight is newer so he's had more practice before getting to it
Or
2) the Knight is bigger and has larger surface areas to work on, so the effect/layers don't run into each other so much and there's more room for extra layers enabling a smoother transition.

ThorAxe:

Was trying to replicate the paint scheme of the Infernal Guard from the Tamurkhan book, ended up with a faded red color with “magma” lightning look. Interested in trying this scheme out

Geist:

The banner flames I believe is better than the knight. The red flame effect feels more “hot” than the one on the titan. That being said they are all better than my flame job.