[Archive] Painting up a Classic MM15 Dwarf

Blue in VT:

I recently came into one of the much sought after MM15 Dwarfs and am having a blast painting him up.  As several folks have asked me to outline how I achieve the saturated colors that I favor I have decided to do a thorough walk through of the painting process on my Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

The first part is up now and the second will be up soon.

Here is the figure in question…the one I refer to as the "Hat Waver"

and this is how far I get in the first Blog post…check it out in full for the details.

The next post will include the description of how the White and red portions of the figure are handled.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT:

I’ve just posted up the second installment of this walk through…which brings the figure up to this point

here’s the link for the details: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Blue

Borador:

Looking good already! I’ll check out the blog, curious to read your step by step painting guide! :slight_smile:

fairoaks024:

very nice work blue

regards

jim

Blue in VT:

Thanks all…

Not done yet though…needs more layers…can’t get enough layers!

The putting together of this walk through has really illustrated the ridiculous amount of layering I use…no wonder it takes me a lifetime to get anything finished! lol

Oh well…I’m too old to change my ways now! o_o

Third Post is up now…and get the figure to this point

Only the fiddly bits and his beard left to do…hopefully tonight!

Cheers,

Borador:

Just wondering: how thick is your paint when you apply it on miniatures? The standard thickness it has or do you water your paints down a little bit?

Step three was also a good read! I really like your tutorial.

Blue in VT:

Thanks Mate!

I don’t typically water down my paints much…the wet pallet adds a little moisture to the paint and if I’m making a mix of colors I typically do that with a wet brush which also imparts a bit more water to the paint. But…quite often I use them straight from the pot…I like my paint to cover as much as possible.

Blue

Borador:

Thanks for letting me know these things, they’re really helpful as I always have trouble with the thickness of my layers. I might have to try making one of those wet pallets too some time, from what I hear, they are really useful. So if I keep my brush is a little wet I probably won’t get “chalky” layers when painting straight from the can!

Thanks for the tips mate!

Blue in VT:

:slight_smile: thanks…I’m glad I can help!

The final installment is now up. All thats left to do is the base…

Cheers,

Blue

DAGabriel:

Nice one, love those classics and a great paintjob. Am just working on those Siamese twins from the Renegades.

Borador:

He looks spectecular, well done! I really love your painting style.

Part 4 was another great read :slight_smile:

Blue in VT:

Here is the final …with a few friends

Cheers,

Blue

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Borador:

Looking incredibly good!