[Archive] Path to Glory(1)

Dînadan:

I’m sure many of you will remember the Path to Glory article that ran in White Dwarf many, many years ago, but for the benefit of those who don’t (or are too young too) remember it, Path to Glory was a set of rules that used the Hordes of Chaos army book to allow players to fight a campaign where a champion of chaos  leads a warband to glory.  Over the course the campaign, the warbands would grow as the champions gain prestige in the eyes of the Chaos Gods.  And similar to Mordheim, the champions would also grow over the campaign, gaining skills and mutations.

Recently at my local gaming club has decided to revive this concept and run a preliminary campaign for our Chaos players before we run our next club campaign next year (which will be a redo of the Storm of Chaos) and as such an update for the old rules is required.  Below is my first (rough) draft of these rules for anyone here interested in playing their own Path to Glory campaign to take a gander at.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=www.freepdfconvert.com/result/downloadfile/df4a3170-a3f2-4d69-b183-5d27b0b8af02

EDIT: second draft
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=www.freepdfconvert.com/result/downloadfile/abe5ac41-e7a2-4689-a805-7e99d9528d94

Admiral:

Nice! I really liked that article back in the day WD was worth the price. This looks like a good update, and it’s nice to see so many factions available here.

Dînadan:

Thanks Admiral. The range of races is mainly down to me having CDs, one guy starting daemons and another doing a Cult of Slaanesh army.

MadHatter:

Very interesting concept, this would be something to release in WoH! Please keep us updated on the campaign!

Dînadan:

Very interesting concept, this would be something to release in WoH! Please keep us updated on the campaign!

MadHatter
Well it's probably a while off - we were planning to have it later this year, but it's been pushed back to potentially next year; we're going to be doing a Mordheim display game for Crusade next January so most likely will be having a Mordheim campaign later this year so those who will be running the game at the show can reacquaint themselves with the rules.

Admiral:

Yep, having reviewed it further I agree this is magazine material. Just tell us (or whoever holds the reins for WoH then) when you think the document is polished enough, and it’ll get taken aboard. :slight_smile:

Dînadan:

Updated with a second draft - corrected an error on the Hashut advancement table and added in a Wizard advancement table