[Archive] Perry release War of the Roses plastics

Swissdictator:

They’re VASTLY superior to the current Empire state troops. They’d fit in with the 6th edition era ones too. I like and approve!

Henroth:

Great models, I like.

Sjoerdo:

These are the same Perry’s who sculpted the 3rd edition chaos dwarfs for citadel!

Lovely models, far better proportion and details than GW’s empire stuff!

Neil:

I have never really had the chance to take a close look at Perry Miniatures stuff - How do they stack up when it comes to size comparisons with GW stuff?

nitroglysarine:

they would also make good dogs of war models.

but i will certainly be buying some for conversions.

shame you only get 4 command per set.

Looks like i’ll be buying 5 sets then!

Still that’ll give me 20 greatswords and 180 pikemen / archers.all for £60.
Still thats a hell of alot better than GW prices for what are basically the same models. :stuck_out_tongue:

CheTralfara:

Hey Nicodemus, I recently made a greenstuff mold of an empty HeroQuest base for putting other models on the empty stands so they will fit in with heroquest models perfectly!

However, I could always go the other way around and just base all my HQ models on Warhammer bases.

nitroglysarine:

ok, am i being dumb.

from that page how can i order some?

Grimstonefire:

Looks like they are only up for preorder at the moment.

New! 28mm Wars of the Roses Infantry 1455-1487

Hard Plastic multipose figures sculpted by Michael Perry.

The box contains 40 infantry figures including 4 fully armoured command and enough parts to build up to 18 billmen and up to 30 archers. So plenty of spare arms and heads.

There are also 8 full colour flags from either the battle of Wakefield, Towton or Bosworth supplied at random. The box also includes unit bases. They will be available the second week in December but can be pre-ordered now in the same way as you already order on the secure page. Money won’t be taken until Figures are available.

Code WR 1 Price £15 + p&p

Until the end of December these figures, when they are out, will be available from Jill Perry’s shop ‘Inspired’, White Horse Mall, off The Market Square, Nottingham, if you happen to be Christmas shopping in that city.
http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html

nitroglysarine:

ah, fair enough.

i’ve never used the site, is it well known and reliable?

Grimstonefire:

They’ve been around for years, and I expect they would be reliable. But you’d need to ask around.

snowblizz:

Grim,

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6568

:~

@nitro, have you never heard of the Perry’s??? Besides, buy the figs from a web-retailer and you’ll probably going to get a discount.

Do note though that of the 40 possible models you can make max 30 archers and max 18 Billmen.

nitroglysarine:

@Snowblizz, yeah i know the perry twins, but just because something on the web says it is something, doesn’t mean it is.

Just wondering if it was a legit well established site.

anyone know of anyother web retailers of these? OR is it just this one site?

Thorne:

I must admit the Perry French Napoleonic Heavy Cavalry and the Plastic French Napoleonic Infantry interest me the most 40 infantry and I think if I have read it correctly 13 French Napoleonic Heavy Cavalry for no more than £30 would fit nicely into either a empire army or even pushing it a little with some plasticard and greenstuff make great 40K troops too. It seams even the old guard are working in a better and cheaper direction these days and good on them I hope they sell really well.

snowblizz:

@Snowblizz, yeah i know the perry twins, but just because something on the web says it is something, doesn't mean it is.

nitroglysarine
Maelstrom.
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=cat&cre=min-pry&sou=cat
I've used them a lot. I'm like totally in love with them. Of course they JUST closed the 16% CRIMBO sale. Would have worked for advanced orders.

Canix:

:hat

@Snowblizz, yeah i know the perry twins, but just because something on the web says it is something, doesn’t mean it is.

nitroglysarine
The perry site is well established.I have bought many a napoleonic figure from them ,very reputable :hat off

You may get discounts elsewhere though

Hashut’s Blessing:

snowblizz: the Maelstrom 16% discount has been extended, by the way. Also, please not that if you buy a GW product with that discount, you only get 16% discount, not 31%.

snowblizz:

snowblizz: the Maelstrom 16% discount has been extended, by the way. Also, please not that if you buy a GW product with that discount, you only get 16% discount, not 31%.

Hashut's Blessing
According to the last e-mail I got it was to the 7th Dec. By my calender yesterday the 8th was out. If they've further extended it I hadn't heard.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I may not have checked either today’s date nor the e-mail’s, but I thought it finished on the 16th now.

Thommy H:

Yep. Gonna get me some of these.

nitroglysarine:

definatly going to get some.
just need to wait for money :frowning:

anyone know the p&p for the uk from malestrom games?
- i can’t seem to find it.