[Archive] Photobucket down again

Malorndk:

I’m happy to say that photobucket has reverted their pay policy and restored most of their old 3rd party content for free. This means most of the dead threads on CDO can be enjoyed once again, without moderators or users doing anything.

Moving forward, we should all avoid Photobucket like a plague, but for now, this is great news for the forum!

Admiral:

Thank you so much for alerting us, Malorndk! This is correct, and good to see. I will spread the news on other forums.

Sadly, many or even most of the members in this red list used other imagehosting sites than Photobucket, sites which folded before the Photobucket rodeo. As such G.2 and Bassman’s collections are still unviewable. Will have to check closer how many of the redlisted members have had their images returned to viewable (i.e. used Photobucket but couldn’t be accessed at all). Might be time for a second round of image salvage, albeit smaller.

Fuggit Khan:

*$#@!!! Yeah!

It’s about time that they realized what a mess they made, as well as lost advertising revenue from tons of people who left photobucket.

Very nice to see the old (and current) threads are back online with pics again :hat off

Abecedar:

I cannot remember if I’d done the back-up thingy we had to do.

I know I still have a valid account with them.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Unfortunately, it’s back down again. Figured it may be worth tweaking the title of this thread to show it had come back, but is now gone and maybe list the methods of uploading images to the site nowadays.

Admiral:

Unfortunately, it's back down again. Figured it may be worth tweaking the title of this thread to show it had come back, but is now gone and maybe list the methods of uploading images to the site nowadays.

Hashut's Blessing
Tweaked. Your will be done! :hat off

We currently have this how-to thread for Imgur pinned over in Introductions & CDO Information. Would a different placement, or a cloned thread in another forum section, be in order?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think it’s probably in the right place (I just haven’t got that far through the old posts yet!). Although it might be wise to have a thread that has a bunch of tutorials on the options of uploading images (if there are any further ones to use).