[Archive] Pirate ships

wallacer:

http://ainstycastings.co.uk/index.php/cPath/63

Admiral:

Nice and tempting, although I’ll rather build my own when the time is right.

Skink:

Being a Lizardman and a Chaos Dwarf (wanna be) player, I’m kinda tired of seen wooden, classic, boring, pirate-like ships!!!

Seriously, they really all look like the same!

gIL^:

These are a better value the other ships on the market but nowhere cheap enough to become a feasible purchase.

Half the price and we are talking.

snowblizz:

These are a better value the other ships on the market but nowhere cheap enough to become a feasible purchase.

gIL^
Compared to what? And for what purpose? Saw that one of those is 17" long, that's pretty big I'd say, no wonder it costs so much. IN other words, buy a chunk of resin that big sculpted into something and you end up paying about that much.

cornixt:

It’s cheaper to get a plastic child’s toy version, but they are still nice ships.

gIL^:

gIL^
Compared to what? And for what purpose? Saw that one of those is 17" long, that's pretty big I'd say, no wonder it costs so much. IN other words, buy a chunk of resin that big sculpted into something and you end up paying about that much.

snowblizz
compared to this

With little effort and a lick of paint you can have a ship the size it should be.

Like this.

Blue in VT:

how much does that “toy” cost?  looks great BTW!

Blue

gIL^:

how much does that "toy" cost?  looks great BTW!

Blue

Blue in VT
You can grab them on ebay for about £20.

Try megabloks pirate ship, Or my personal fav Playmobil ships.

LumpinCroop:

I’ve got a gaming buddy who got that Pirates of the Caribbean ship for his son. It’s actually a good size for Warhammer, or at least close enough for our purposes.

snowblizz:

Or my personal fav Playmobil ships.

gIL^
I've actually specifically asked my parents to save my old Playmobile pirateship for Warhammer purposes, so it's packed away with most other toys in boxes on the attic (the other things I'm afraid are stored "in case of grandchildren").

Zuh-Khinie:

I’ve seen those ships before… they are nice but pricey though.

The toy boats seem like a better option to me as well. I find it sad though that almost all ships out there appear to be Bretonnian ships (if you take a good look at the man o’war models)… Might be the next big hole in the market, warhammer scale ships for all excisting races (though I’m sure the dwarven ships will be quite boring to paint) :slight_smile: