[Archive] Plastic Empire Greatswords

wallacer:

I actually rather like them:

Swissdictator:

Enhhh… they’re at least not departing from the proper style of sleeves. I think the metal ones are better.

I’m tempted to stock up on the metal Greatswords like I did with 6E State Troops. I’ve been horribly disappointed in most of the current Empire line. I had the Carroburg Great sword Red/Black striped theme. It looks so much better with the proper sleeves.

At least they still look like soldiers as opposed to the peasants the state troops look like.

Ghrask Dragh:

Thats it I’m getting an Empire army!!

When I finish my 2 armies (God knows when that will be :rolleyes:) I’m going for an all plastic Empire. Just hope them Skaven don’t change my mind…

Loki:

Think they look very good, they fit in with the rest of the empire line now, must resist cant start army number 8

Kera foehunter:

wow cool guys i love the hand ax!

i better start saving my money !!

wallacer:

Yeah, I thought the standard bearer looked nice too. He could almost pass as a BSB.

X-Porter:

Kind of hard to tell, since the focus is on the Steam Tank. Which I should get and convert for my CD’s.

I like the Flammenschwerter, tho.

Swissdictator:

Yeah, I thought the standard bearer looked nice too. He could almost pass as a BSB.

wallacer
The Standard Bearer is one of the nice things about the new ones, I will agree with you there. Though I also love the old style one. I do like your thought about being a BSB, if the image on the banner is sculpted on there it could very easily work for it. I'm also wondering how many 'banner tops' you have... as that twin tailed comet (if it's a seperate and extra bit) could be useful for some conversions. Maybe the hood ornament of a steam tank or alter? :P

Xander:

Kind of hard to tell, since the focus is on the Steam Tank. Which I should get and convert for my CD's.

I like the Flammenschwerter, tho.

X-Porter
I concur.

Steam Power for the win.

Great swords are a big yawn to me, as they are easily converted anyway.

clam:

They are great looking :smiley:

And if it wasn’t for all those human faces (god, I had painting those) - I would be playing Empire. Best allround army in the game (IMO).

Triton:

I still prefer the Tuetugen (bad spelling) guard models I’ve gotta say.  At least these new guys look like they can hold their great swords compared to the old metal ones.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I prefer the old one they more amour and looked like they could hold a weapon properly unlike these one

wallacer:

The Teutogen guard are nicer, but they’re also heap big more costly.

centauro enano:

Are fine but I prefer the metal

Kera foehunter:

well you can’t beat metal

wallacer:

well you can't beat metal

Kera foehunter
Sure you can. That's how they make swords.

I actually prefer metal too. Plastic just makes them seem like kids toys (yeah, I know, the power of denial and all that).

Kera foehunter:

i stick to painting figures !! you stink at being a funny wallacer

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m glad that they look like the models I know, but they;re mode dynamic and less singularly posed. I don;t collect them, but it tempts me to buy them. They’re not the very best miniatures ever, but I think they fit my idea of the Empire better than a lot of the newer stuff…

Allanp:

They're not the very best miniatures ever, but I think they fit my idea of the Empire better than a lot of the newer stuff...

Hashut's Blessing
agreed. i have to say it but i really dont like the new sate troops. these plastic greatswords go back to the more honourable roots of the empire uniform. gives them a lot more character. although i also agree that the old metal ones are better. they just seem more dynamic

AGPO:

i like them but then I play Middenheimers. Might paint them up s Carroburg greatswords though. To my mind the new empire characters and handgunners have more potential